02 civic EX misfire

kyral

5+ Year Member
got a 7th gen civic i think its the d17a2 motor
anyways what cause very light and seldom misfires?
the car runs smooth but occasionally misfires when you let off the throttle occasionally while cruising and a little at start up
i put new plugs in and flip flopped my coil packs cause the codes were cyl 1 and 2 well its still missing on cyl 1 and 2 (coils 1 and 2 moved to cylinders 3 and 4)
it doesnt affect driveability it just happens randomly. i do notice it but i think most ppl wouldnt
what are common issues cause this is ridiculous... someones telling me it might be injectors... i dont get this obd2 junk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How many miles on it?
Have you had the valves adjusted?

kyral

5+ Year Member
flip flopping injectors is the next step. i doubt its the valves since its very inconsistent and hard to replicate

kyral

5+ Year Member
So its recently become very consistent, experience at at light throttle and when you let off the throttle. car fires right up and seems very healthy when you step on the gas

kyral

5+ Year Member
So I changed my brakes and my caliper brackets were all seized up. after I replaced them I noticed the misfires went away so I erased my codes and 250 miles later the misfire ahsnt come back. im guessing the pads were binding and maybe some how the cas picked it up as a misfire