[03 Civic Ex] Fan issue(self diagnose -> No electric signal flow?)

baek620

Hello

This is my first post at here.

Have tired to find the similar issue that I have, but I could not.

I have had over heating engine issue that I'm assuming because of the malfunctioning sending unit that sends signal to a fan to turn it on.

The overheat occurs whenever I stop or go slow. However, it is fine when I am on highway going around 55mph.

I checked the electric flows and one that I circled in the picture below does not receive any electric signal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95960068@N04/

Could anyone tell me which sending unit I should check? or the solution for this issue.??

Thanks in advance!!

RonJ

Banned
Does the A/C condenser fan run when you turn on the A/C?

RonJ

Banned
Have you checked whether 20A hood fuse 4 is blown?

RonJ

Banned
Voltage test fuse 4 with the key off as detailed at the Fuses link in my signature.

baek620

Voltage test fuse 4 with the key off as detailed at the Fuses link in my signature.

Thanks again,

I did the voltage test following your instruction, and I could find its supplied 12V.

Any other comments?

baek620

My dad and I just figured fan by itself works fine. We connect the cord in the picture to one from A/C cord. Then we started my car and turned ac on, the radiator cooling fan worked.

Therefore we are trying to find the sending unit now, and its really hard to find the right one.

Need help!!

We really appreciate your comment!

baek620

Another issue has risen...

After we relocated relays each other, now internal fan doesn't work anymore...

and we are trying to reset the ECM(or ECU?) to back to work but we weren't sure if this steps is correct .

step 1: take your car for a brisk drive to get the motor to operating temperature.

step 2: take your car home, and take the fuse for the ecu out. it'll more times than not be labeled, but on civics and integras it's under the hood for sure. wait 15 minutes.

step 3: put the fuse back in.

step 4: turn the car on. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING. GIVE IT NO GAS. let the car idle for roughly 15 minutes, or until the car is idling smooth at lower rpm's.

step 5: turn the ignition off. ONCE AGAIN, DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE KEY. immediately turn the ignition back on after you have gone to full off. this will store the new settings your ecu has made.

Is this right method to reset your ECU/ECM?