04-05 tails

OnDaLow

OnDaLoW SS EM2
5+ Year Member
does any1 know the part thats needed when u convert an 01-03 tails to 04-05..i dont think its a direct connect... i was told i need a part?? i have the 04-05 tails but i need a part to make it work?? any1 have an idea what im talkin about??

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
it is, it's a common swap on em2s

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe a socket just take the lights off and compare....they should literally be bolt ons you might have to extended some of the wiring for the brake light maybe not though. just take them oth off and compare the backs and the location of each light

OnDaLow

OnDaLoW SS EM2
5+ Year Member
i know its a common swap from 01-03 oem to 04-05 oem... but i want to know if ppl who have done this need a part to have it working...well specifically also for the 04-05 Edm tails??

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seriosuly just take your stock lights off and compare the back, the only difference i know of is the position of the lights, mounting should be fine, just try to fit your old lamp sockets in the new tail lights....really dude swapping tails will take you all of about 10 minutes

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you need to change out the connectors from the 01-03 to the ones from the 04-05 civic their about 60 bucks from your local honda dealership. That's what my friend paid anyway or you can find them wholesale even better. Other than that nothing to change out.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've always thought the 01-03 tails looked so much better than the 04-05