06 Civic Fog Light Install Guide (pics!)

falcon

uber noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yup. i think oem instructions let you plug those 2 wires into the empty slots on the 34 pin connector (which must be constant 12s) because the oem stalk switch doesn't illuminate so it is always getting juice even with the car off anyway... but the ebay has an illuminated switch

oh well i think i've read a enough diy articles to try and figure it out this weekend...

sjspat

5+ Year Member
I agree with the smooth install. Alll you have to do is take your time and follow the instructions. I am not quite finished as I still have to install the harness under the dash which do not seem to be complicated. I will finish after work today. Thanks for the diy!!

charboi00

question

ive ordered me a set of foglights and i think its missing the wire that connects to the ecu and i think i missing the 20 chip that im supposed to put in. is that piece nessesary for those pieces?

flaone

I just wanted tg say thanks. It's a great thing when you can search and find a resource like this. I bought the 60 dollar kit from ebay, the install went great, almost like I knew what I was doing. Thanks again!

joebrown352

Hey I have a 2006 Honda Civic Ex Coupe. I have a question about installing the button to turn the fog lights on and off. In the pics where the blank button is I have a button for the interior illumination. Now if I remove that one and replace it with the fog lights one will the illumination still work. I got the peice that has the 3 buttons, but that doesnt seem to fit with the other circle button. So can I get the illumination and fog lights to both work?

mherby

Access pictures

Is there a way to access the pictures again?? I as well would like to get these pictures. Thanks

kevin06civic

I can't see the pics either? Anyway, I hope I am in the right place to post this, otherwise pls steer me in the correct thread.

I bought a foglight kit (08V31-SNA-101) for my 06 ex civic sedan from majestic honda and they did not come with instructions, but I did find a couple for my car from college hills and handa. I checked the parts that came with the kit against the install instructions and everything were basically there except maybe a few wire ties and that wasn't going to stop from completing the install.

I followed the step-by-step instructions that I found online and could not get the foglights to work (only the foglight indicator on the instrument panel display works). I went through the instructions (youtube videos and the pdf instructions) again, double checked all the connections (unplugged and replugged everything), redid the ground, and checked and swapped out the 20a fuse (even though it appeared to be good). After all that the only thing that works is the foglight indicator on the instrument dash display, but not the foglights.

What am I doing wrong? Help?

Last edited: