06 Si vs. EK9 w/ a B16a generation II

DOHC_V-Tec

5+ Year Member
i have a friend that has a 96 hatch ( EK9 ) that has a B16a gen. 2....and i have a 2006 Si..we tested our cars yesterday from about stop light to stop light which gives us about less than a 1/4 mile length...at 1st and 2nd gear i took him easily but as soon as we shift to 3rd gear that's when he started to pull away and won the race of about a 1/2 car length..and yeah we're both good drivers...now how could this possibly be when his is 170 hp stock and mine is 197 bhp...what did i do wrong??? i rev at 4000 rpm before take off..i doubled clucth on 1st and 2nd gear..is there anything else that i could have done to win??

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
double clutching is a fast and furious term. You don't need to do it in anything anymore. You either messed something up with that, or you're not as good of a driver as you though.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
His car is A LOT lighter than yours, that's why you lost. His car should be faster than yours, but it wasn't by much so I'd say you drove pretty well. Given how responsive the k series motors are, an intake and exhaust would almost insure you winning next time you go at it, but be careful racing on public roads.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
his car = 2400 LBS
your car = 2900+

weight plays a big difference when its that much of an amount

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i might doubt the good driver adjective after taking lessons from toreto.

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Since we dont need to double clutch anything anymore he should take lessons from O'Connor instead of toreto because O'Connor doesnt double clutch like he "should"

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
more weight + f**ked up power curver = you loose.

go look at a dyno graph of a stock 2006 Si and you will see how much power you dont make

sure we have a good peak hp but there is not much power before the peak

this is taken from hondata's site for more info on this graph go there

http://www.hondata.com/

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would say the weight has more to do with it than the power curve, the b16's power curve is not exactly smooth or subtle.

DuH-ReL

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
double clutching is a fast and furious term. You don't need to do it in anything anymore. You either messed something up with that, or you're not as good of a driver as you though.
:werd:

Team2000

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
Not to go off topic, but double clutching is not a "thing of the past" or a fast and furious term... if you don't double clutch when you down shift... then.. well yeah, speaks for itself, but I agree that you dont have to double clutch when shifting up in a race really.

NoVA ED7

actually the new Si's weigh 2871 stock....an Ek weighs in at about 2,400 around there. And what mods di the b16 have, intake and full exhaust should be enough to hang with the Si. They are quick they run 14.8 stock. My friend has one. And she beat my B16 ED7 all the time!

P.S. I had Stage 3 clutchmaster, 7.5lb flywheel, full 2.5 inch exhaust and test pipe and DC header, Magnacore wires, Denso iridiums, Hancook tires, and a bunch more and the Si was even with me! :suprise:

ryanM

DOHC_V-Tec said:
i have a friend that has a 96 hatch ( EK9 ) that has a B16a gen. 2....and i have a 2006 Si..we tested our cars yesterday from about stop light to stop light which gives us about less than a 1/4 mile length...at 1st and 2nd gear i took him easily but as soon as we shift to 3rd gear that's when he started to pull away and won the race of about a 1/2 car length..and yeah we're both good drivers...now how could this possibly be when his is 170 hp stock and mine is 197 bhp...what did i do wrong??? i rev at 4000 rpm before take off..i doubled clucth on 1st and 2nd gear..is there anything else that i could have done to win??
they are all right, you shouldnt be beating him, but with i/h/e you should be able to beat him

and on a side note, your friends car is not an ek9, its an ej6