07 Civic upper instrument cluster not working at ALL.

eeeemilyc

I have a 2007 civic xl coupe. Just over 90k miles. My upper dash lights (temp, speedometer, gas gauge) aren't working at all. They've come on and off before but they've been off for about a month now. The tachometer odometer are working fine. I've already checked all the fuses and they are working properly. Help, please????

CivicHx1998

SpeedDemon
My guess would be a loose wire or bad connection. You have two options, pull the dash apart and check all of your wires be sure to look for bare spots and check to make sure nothing is unplugged, or you can take it to a dealership and have them fix it for a good chunk of change

eeeemilyc

My guess would be a loose wire or bad connection. You have two options, pull the dash apart and check all of your wires be sure to look for bare spots and check to make sure nothing is unplugged, or you can take it to a dealership and have them fix it for a good chunk of change
@CivicHx1998 - I did end up taking it by the dealership and they told me the whole display is bad and I need a new one...for $600, parts and labor inclusive. However, I took it by the dealership in December 2013 (while still under warranty) and they said they couldn't check anything since it wasn't broken all the way (the display was on at the time, but I explained to them what had been occurring) So now they want me to pay the full $600 even though I took it to them while still under warranty. I'm so mad!!! And I don't even know if it really needs to be replaced or not.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So it didnt duplicate the first time you took it in? I dont think you understand how it works. The dealership cant just take your word for it. They need to have it actually replicate to be able to claim the warranty on it.

CivicHx1998

SpeedDemon
Just another way of them taking your money. If it was me I would look at aftermarket gauges. If your gonna spend that much, might as well get something that looks cool.

Redneck rice rocket

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just another way of them taking your money. If it was me I would look at aftermarket gauges. If your gonna spend that much, might as well get something that looks cool.

Redneck rice rocket
It's sad how far off you really are. It's blatantly obvious you have know idea how it actually works at a dealer level. :roll:

For a warranty claim to be paid, you have to actually have a problem right then and there. If they can't duplicate said problem, warranty doesn't see it as one and will deny the claim. Has NOTHING to do with the dealer taking money or not. The owner just saying something is wrong isn't sufficient enough for warranty to pay out.

I am sorry, but it isn't the dealers problem that you didn't take it to them when it was actually doing what you say it was. It also isn't their fault that it finally went out when the warranty was up. :lol:

Why put aftermarket junk in, instead of doing it right? They look terrible too.

If price is that much of a factor, go to a junk yard or find a cluster for sale online somewhere. :what:

RonJ

Banned
And unless you post pictures of the problem along with some diagnostic information, this thread lacks any tech and doesn't belong in a tech forum.

my93civic

It's a conspiracy, the dealership programs your car to break as soon as the warranty is up. Lol

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk