1/2 cluster does not work...among other issues...2001 ex

Old n Busted

Working on my daughter's car (one of those that only likes to put gas in it and run it), she blew the head gasket last year so last Memorial Day put a JDM 1.7 back in it. Ran great, no issues. Well, after a variety of issues (battery bad, alt went bad, starter went bad, pwr steering pump went bad, and someone tried breaking into her car) I am left to fix the messes. Maint Rq (tried resetting and it won't), green key (need to see the dealership), and check engine (daughter went to Autozone and they said it was an exhaust leak) Here they are:

1) Green Key flashing...was told this is a safety feature and is in limp mode. Won't accelerate properly or exceed 60 mph down hill. Has to be reset by dealer. True?

2) BIG ONE...left half of dash does not work. No tach or temp gauge. Right half works fine. So, can't tell if it is over heating. Which leads me to number 3

3) Think it is over heating....water pump is pumping, not losing coolant, no mix of oil or coolant anywhere. Cooling fan not coming on. Is there a sensor that is bad?

I have checked all the fused under the hood and under the dash.....any solutions are greatly appreciated.