10:1 Cr + Turbo x Mc2 = Me Scared

ZeroMech63

K So i need some confort from u guys!!! Just dropped off my hatch at CentralFloridaTurbo this past saturday theyre rebuilding it for me... Just scared read some pros n con of high comp on the G2IC site or w.e and now im nervous/scared of blowing my 3rd motor since im broke after this one. Should i have them put a thicker head gasket??? It is my DD and my goal is 400-450whp on pump gas and 550whp in the future. P.S. Anyone know around whats the most hp i can get out that turbo?

Quick run down:
B18b1 block
Just got Darton sleeves put in
B16a head
Skunk2 Tuner Stg1 cams
SuperTech springs n retainers
10:1 84mm Flat-top Wiseco pistons
Go Pwr rods
Ebay turbo kit (except turbo,bov n wg)
Comp 58/58 Turbo w/Billet wheel(not bb) .60coldside .63a/r hotside
Tial 39mm WG
750cc R/C inj
and ARPs, Cometic and ACL ....ect

Thx for the help!

spad3dEK

5+ Year Member
Still kinda a noob to Turbos but high comp. And turbo didnt sound safe at all better hope you got really good sleeves.. and yea I would get a thicker one and make sure you get the best tune you can

iBeast

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its cft, they're known for giving some of the best tunes around.

i think if you have any doubts then putting in a thicker head gasket wouldn't hurt. just my two cents

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just out of curiosity, how much is this? you can pm if you dont want to say. or just give me a ball park

ZeroMech63

Thx for the input guys, NEED some input from the site vets tho (no offense to u guys im new to da site myself). Just wanna feel warm in the inside and have my mind at ease when im woopin sum cobra on the highway. Thx!!!

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it will be fine, but you might be pushing the limit on pump. switch to e85, re-do your fuel set up and be done with it

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
man, CFT builds some of the most badass s*** around. 900whp EM1 driving to the track with the chute on the back? Sign me up for that s***.

The stuff you were reading on G2IC is probably old, especially if you are reading the guide to turbo'ing (that was posted like 11 years ago now). I dont think you need to switch to E85, have their tuner tune the car to be a safe daily and see what it makes from there. If you need a bigger turbo get one, more headwork do so, but make sure to get a safe tune. In reality thats what most tuners go for, reliabilty.

ZeroMech63

Damn, didn't kno that 2gic turbo guide waz that old lol. Deff eased my mind a lot. Thx for all the info and opinions, shud b getting the car bak hopefully in 2 weeks. I'll let u guys kno the numbers once its out!

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
its been around forever and no one looks at the post date. Not that its a ton of bad info, but its from like the days of FMUs and missing link and such

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Do you have a stock fuel pump with this?