10k revn b18!??

Themegajosh09

I bought a b18c1 used it has a chipped ecu so it doesn't have a rev limiter or gov. I have recede it out to 10k a few times and it does fine. I never do this i just done it when I got done installing it I was wonder is there anyway to tell if the internals are stick or not?? Without taking it apart. If you need a video I'll post one. But I'm not gonna rev Otto 10k I justwanna know if ithas forged crank or something

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pull valve cover off and see if it has stock springs/retainers

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Did you buy it from a private seller or online? I would contact the seller and see if they know or can trace it back. But ya really the only thing to check would be the valve train, mainly springs/retainers. And if I'm not mistaken I think that stock it has a forged crank.

Themegajosh09

I got it from a guy on craigslist. Someone had it before him. Then it was swapped into a del sol then my civic. But the guy won't answer the phone cause he screwed me over and stole my inner fender and a few other small things... But it has a stage 2 clutch and the ecu has been chipped. It wasn't bought chipped and I was thinking why do these things for a all stock engine. However when I had the valve cover off it looked like the head studs may have been removed before. What does stock vs upgraded valve springs look like? Iv never drove a for sure stock b18 or else I could prob tell the difference. If I shift a 7.5k going into 3rd the wheels spin. And I got like 90% tred is that normal. It's in a 97 coupe

Themegajosh09

Stop taking it that far until u find out cause 10k can be bad for stock parts
I said in the post I just done it a few times after I finished the install. When I'm daily driving I shift at like 2.5k when I'm going at it I usually shift at 6-7.5k

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
probably look for dual valve springs as opposed to stock single valve springs

Cobl18

Registered VIP
10k is crazy haha! i hope for your sake there is some built internals in that engine!

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did you actually upload a screenshot of a picture from an ipod?? :smackself

I think you should have done your homework before revving up a motor to 10k without knowing what it was built to handle. This has fail written all over it.

Last edited:

Themegajosh09

My dad helped me with the swap he used to swap engines for a living. He always said if it can't handle a few over revs it's crap throw it away and get another one. But nothing at all is gone wrong with the engine. And like i said iv just done it a few times after the swap i would never do this daily or ever again for that matter. But it doesnt have any leaks or anything and everything on nits new exept internals. Still got power steering and a/c...However im gonna rebuild it in the future it supposedly has 117k miles on it.

Themegajosh09

Did you actually upload a screenshot of a picture from an ipod?? :smackself

I think you should have done your homework before revving up a motor to 10k without knowing what it was built to handle. This has fail written all over it.
Yea it's a screen shot lol. I got pics of it in my face book so I snapped one of them to put it on here. If you wanna see the rest of the pics my name is Josh flanery on Facebook.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
staring out the window, that's a paddlin'
10K yeah, that's a paddlin'