13 Civic EX - Metal Grinding Sound

13CivicEXAuto

Hey everyone. My 2013 Honda Civic EX Automatic has a grinding metal sound that's driving me crazy. It sounds like metal on metal scraping and gets quieter as the engine reaches operating temperature. I know it doesn’t have anything to do with wheels or brakes bc i checked the sound while in park, in gear and just brake boosting and holding it at 1500rpms. Before that, i checked the rotors and brakes and there weren’t any obvious signs of wear from anything trapped in the dust shield or anything like that. The AC was not on. I have owned the car for a year now, it has 58k and i bought it with 47k. The sound was slightly there when i bought it but a mechanic said it was just a belt and the belt was changed by the dealer (aftermarket) but the noise was still there. I had a new idler tension pulley installed (under warranty) and that helped a little. My guess is a pulley going bad. Sometimes after sitting overnight, it has a pretty weak start so maybe the alternator pulley isn’t spinning fast enough? Tension seems fine on the belt. I have brought it to Honda a couple times and they never hear it and they say the audio file is too low quality to hear anything. I'm hoping you guys can help me out. Having a friend brake boost, i learned i need a new motor mount but haven’t gotten under the car yet to see which one. Also, the tensioner pulley seemed to move a little more than i think it should. The sound is only when im pressing on the gas, it completely stops when I get off the gas (coasting or braking). Sounds almost like a chain dragging on the ground but nothing is dragging underneath.

Sorry for the long post, any help is greatly appreciated!