17" Motegis or steelies????

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok guys, so I just got my drop(pics on the way) and currently I have stock 14 steelies with the 6 spoke hub caps. An oppotunity just prestented itself. But first a little info. I dream, no...obsess of 16" bronze WORK emotion cr kais on my white EX. have for about a year. before that I wanted the same wheels but in white but the W on W idea faded. Well last night jokingly I told my brother in law that I'd trade him my steelies for his old white 17" motegis(the classic 7 spokes) and he said sure. Soooo that means free rims and I'd only have to shell out like $120 for the one tire he's missing. Thing is, I've gotten away from white on white, I think 17's are too big and I never really liked 7 spokes(kinda ricey) BUUUTT right now I can't afford even knockoffs of the CR's. Should I stay on 14's or go with rice wheels? Any body got pics of white 17 motegis on a white EJ w/ drop?

RockintheEKoupe

Icantbelieveitjustbroke!
5+ Year Member
Please god no. Be origenal and non ricey. Your car will become straight trash. 17 on our cars slow them down and just look to big. and Motegi 7's? please.

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rims are rims, some of the cleanest cars I've seen have been white-on-white.

Pay no attention to this bullshit "rice" non-sense, if you think your car will look good with em' on then go for it.

Like I said, rims are rims, especially when they're free.

RockintheEKoupe

Icantbelieveitjustbroke!
5+ Year Member
its not the color, its making his car look like a hotwheels car. Like Deja Vu all over again.

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RockintheEKoupe said:
its not the color, its making his car look like a hotwheels car. Like Deja Vu all over again.
Whats your point? If they look good, they look good. Why do CTRs look so good? white-on-white.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
do what you want man. you could always sell them....whynot get them for now till you have enought money for the rims that you really want. forget about being ricey n junk....cuz in the end, if you like it, that is all that matters. if you build your car so that other people will approve of it, then you are building THEIR car, not your own...

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
do what you want man. you could always sell them....whynot get them for now till you have enought money for the rims that you really want. forget about being ricey n junk....cuz in the end, if you like it, that is all that matters. if you build your car so that other people will approve of it, then you are building THEIR car, not your own...
:werd:

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would do it. YOu could always sell the motegis later on.

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would get them, and then if you decide to sell em. you could sell em for way more than $120.

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I know I'm building it for myself and I just think the 17's will look ricey-which I don't personally like. Buuutt my main concern is the size. My drop is AGX's w/ GC coils so I can tuck if I have to... Can any1 tell me if the 17x7's, I think they're 7's, will fit enough too drop on them enough to look alright? Wow I'm lazy, like I can't find a civic wit motegi 17's :lol:

Also... he said they're pretty scratched up- since I absolutely suck at painting, How mmuch does it cost to powdercoat(avg.)? Could I actually make them look decent myself w/ 0 talent?

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
spook4thecia said:
Yeah I know I'm building it for myself and I just think the 17's will look ricey-which I don't personally like. Buuutt my main concern is the size. My drop is AGX's w/ GC coils so I can tuck if I have to... Can any1 tell me if the 17x7's, I think they're 7's, will fit enough too drop on them enough to look alright? Wow I'm lazy, like I can't find a civic wit motegi 17's :lol:

Also... he said they're pretty scratched up- since I absolutely suck at painting, How mmuch does it cost to powdercoat(avg.)? Could I actually make them look decent myself w/ 0 talent?
I have 17x7's on my civic and they tucked. I have H&R Sport Springs and AGX's.

brunobi

5+ Year Member
Slick_99 said:
I have 17x7's on my civic and they tucked. I have H&R Sport Springs and AGX's.
i will get my 17" on wensday,so please tell me if your tires are 205/40 , wheel offset and with those springs how low did you get?
thanks man you coud save me of wasting lot of time and money