Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not true at all

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u dont know anything about the motor they dyno'd so it is possible (but you know theyre lying anyways), but on your engine, thats not gonna happen

maybe you could use a straw for an intake as your 1st run, then use their intake and u might get similar results

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
20 minutes to instal! i might actually buy it.. 40 tq inscrease is amazing..

edit- looking around the site.. this site seems pretty worthless.

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Machinehead115 said:
:bs: "Gain Up To 18 Horsepower And 40 Ft Lbs Of Torque" :rolf:
i dont even think honda offers torque, i think you have to special order it :???:

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
xposigroovex said:
I know I'm new to this whole scene but this claim seems to be GREATLY exaggerated and I would love to see the tests behind it. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong. Someone look at this and tell me what you think.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/performance/basket.php?makeid=1&modelid=1&year=1999&partid=15&brandid=1537
every bolt on you do including superchargers give you a precentage of HP like... adding that to your stock 1.6 might give it 1hp as to adding it on a worked h22 drag car... yeah it might give u 18hp, even superchargers... i think the percentage of a jackson supercharger increases your hp by 60% nitrous however... to my knowledge a 75 shot kit is gonna give you 75hp a 150 shot is ognna give u 150hp and so on... so i've been told ( i'm not too much of a nitrous finatic myself)

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
or anyone thats driven a car with a whopping 95 cid motor

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
accually 18 hp and 40 lbs/ft2 is capable...... its just they have more stuff on there, that engine isnt stock. If they had injectors, headers, exhaust, underpulley, and a few other things, the OEM intake would cause a restriction, and in replacing it would open up that much power, but if its a long ram, and your car is basicly stock, youll maybe see 10hp if your lucky.

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
A CAI will make you 40 ft. lbs., if your factory intake involves a crazy straw and takes air directly from the #3 exhaust valve.

JL

Doodoo Brown Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MasterShake said:
p.s.only a real honda head would get that ;)
Or anyone who knows anything about displacement.

nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DAF said:
accually 18 hp and 40 lbs/ft2 is capable...... its just they have more stuff on there, that engine isnt stock. If they had injectors, headers, exhaust, underpulley, and a few other things, the OEM intake would cause a restriction, and in replacing it would open up that much power, but if its a long ram, and your car is basicly stock, youll maybe see 10hp if your lucky.
wow you should get your facts together...adding an intake does grant your engine super powers
you don't get a batmobile out of a grocery getter

do you know what 40 lbs of torque means...or feels like
......nope
a turbo setup can supply that ....forced induction ... forced for compressed
an intake ...unless u attach it to an elephant or something.....wont give you compression enough for 40 lbs difference

and just to stay on topic...when a company claims their product gives 40 lbs ...if they aren't selling a turbo or supercharger ..their full of s**t

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
check out weapon-r new secret intakes. it made around 16whp and 30wtq on the srt4 and they even have a dyno vid. www.weapon-r.com i know its turbo but thats huge from an intake.

nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gearbox said:
check out weapon-r new secret intakes. it made around 16whp and 30wtq on the srt4 and they even have a dyno vid. www.weapon-r.com i know its turbo but thats huge from an intake.
that is awesome ...but the SRT4 has awesome potential also
even tho i hate neons with a passion....thats a model that was made rough
i'm sure there was severe tuning involved in order to get that form an intake...some sort of cam modification in order to benefit in full of a intake setup
think about it...its a pipe..how much can tubing get you going...no matter even if its bent for optimal flow
you ever seen dave chapelle???
Aluminun tubes...do I need to tell you what they can do with aluminum tubes??
haha funny skit

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well it uses two separate pipes in one and the velocity difference makes a vacuum that pulls more air. also the filter is a big part, it has a turbo velocity stack that outflows an open pipe without filter.

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
"...up to 18hp" soo, they took the car to like florida and did a base line, probably miami on the hottest day, then drove it up to alaska or some really cold part in canada and put on the intake and then did another dyno in the dead of winter. mmmmm could beee. :P

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i only have two words for you Bull & s**t :lol: honestly you WON'T feel a thing w/ an intake and if you think you do it will only be mental the only real difference is sound and possibly gas mileage (going down from making the intake make noise) just buy something simple and throw a nice filter on and you'll be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.