1985 Crx

jhar_EK

word
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i bought a 85 CRX Si for $100 and i'm bout to put a b18b in it. only problem is that i don't know where to find a mount kit. i was wondering if anyone knew if a 88-91 CRX mount kit will work in a 85 CRX. also what is the wiring set up on the 85....OBD-O or what? thanks for any input.

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
jhar_EK said:
i bought a 85 CRX Si for $100 and i'm bout to put a b18b in it. only problem is that i don't know where to find a mount kit. i was wondering if anyone knew if a 88-91 CRX mount kit will work in a 85 CRX. also what is the wiring set up on the 85....OBD-O or what? thanks for any input.
hasport has b series mounts for your car bro check them out

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Kickin I would love to have a 1st gen crx. Hasport makes a 84-87 crx mount kit. Wiring is going to be fun though.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was always told the carbed crx was a dud, like nothing can be swapped into it. Guess they were wrong.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hasport makes a mount kit but the wiring will kick your ass. It would almost be easier to take and convert your car to 88-91 crx full harness from the tail lights to the headlights.

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
I was always told the carbed crx was a dud, like nothing can be swapped into it. Guess they were wrong.

IIRC the SI was fuel injected.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
teh SIs were, the carb can be convertet to MPFI.
check redpepperracing.com

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
plazmascivic said:
isnt it obd(negative 1?) since its that old?? jk
no cars before OBD0 werent required to have an on boad diagnostic. it was brought in late 80;s for emission purposes, the first OBD;s are jokes though...

Vicious

1st gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
redpepperracing.com is your friend
hansport for the mount kit *no the 2nd gen crx b mounts won't fit*
no wiring won't kick your ass
and granted obo0 cars are a pain in the ass but by no means worthless