1994 Civic ex performance help

Nate450R

I am new to site and new to civics. I have a 1994 civic ex sedan and wanting to know what else I can do to get more power out of her. It has intake, Megan headers, exhaust, stage 1cam and cam gear, p28 chip I believe and was tuned by a shop before I got it. I just put new stage 1 exedy clutch kit in it and new throw out bearing and new input shaft bearing in it. Car runs good just want to know what else I can do to get some more power besides turbo or supercharger. Thanks for any help

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How much more power do you want, how much do you have to spend?
Without a motor swap or boost, you're pretty much done as far as adding any significant power.

Nate450R

Without a motor swap or boost, you're pretty much done as far as adding any significant power.
Ya that's what I figured and that's why I was asking because I thought about it and nothing much comes to mind besides what is all done to it. It is my daily driver to work and just wanted to give her little more juice if I could without getting crazy and getting to spendy. I am really into diesels and know more about them then hondas lol. But it is a fun car to drive for sure. Don't want to go turbo or supercharge because don't want the headaches or to dump a whole lot of money into the car figure either of those would be rely spendy setups. I just figured with what is all done to it that it would be little quicker

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If your wheels are too large/heavy then that will impede your performance output. What size and material are you wheels, along with the tire size?

Is all the maintenance up to date, with quality fluids?

Nate450R

If your wheels are too large/heavy then that will impede your performance output. What size and material are you wheels, along with the tire size?

Is all the maintenance up to date, with quality fluids?
They are stock wheels with hub caps and decent tires nothing speacial. And yes I am very anal about maintaince I changed out everything in the last 3,000 miles did fuel filter, cleaned air filter, changed motor oil, and new tranny oil. Cleaned sensors and all

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, you've done just about all you can with that motor unless you get into wanting to spend $$. Either a motor swap or turbo would be your best bet. You can probably swap the motor for under $1k if you can find everything you need. Turbo would cost you a couple grand to do correctly, maybe slightly less if you source used parts from previous builds of others.

Jailbird

The D is something you commit to or run from. If you commit, I hear a D16a6 block has steel mains (a plus for major boost potential). The d15b P08 head-the version from the D16z6 is okay for boost. Either the JDM cam from the d15b or a bisimoto 2.4 can with correlating springs. Forged rods and forged p08 pistons (low compression ratio somewhere in 9.0:1 because you want to stave off detonation and try to keep it on pump gas. Just advance timing for power instead of using a high comp ratio). Sleeving the block if you're gonna thrash with much boost (beyond 20psi). ARP head studs, MLS head gasket. Might have to modify a set of ARP main studs from a B series, can't remember. Send p08 head to get ported and polished, bronze valve guides, and turbo undercut valves. Maybe a turbonetics t66 turbo and air to liquid intercooler can put you up in the 500hp+ range from the humble D motor. And I still left out some parts. Commit or run. Lots of runners.