1995 Civic Body

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm pretty sure the rocks went through the paint so you have to paint it smooth and repaint it

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You will have to sand it to bare metal, prime it, block it out and repaint it!

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They aren't rock chips, they are spider cracks in the paint itself. I have the same type of cracks on the hood of my '95 but they are more like little tiny lines than round like yours are. You can try to clean it up a bit by detailing it yourself with stuff like ScratchX, or have it professionally detailed. But, that's really just a coverup/bandaid. Repaint would be your best option..

ImThaBean

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ignore him. they are rock chips in your case. it's called sand blasting or sand blasted. Commonly seen in high mile highway cars. My car was resprayed by the PO, but the windshield looks like your hood from the constant nicks from road debris.

Quick answer, hood bra to cover it. Long answer is sand and repaint and then hood bra to save it from happening again.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ignore him. they are rock chips in your case. it's called sand blasting or sand blasted. Commonly seen in high mile highway cars. My car was resprayed by the PO, but the windshield looks like your hood from the constant nicks from road debris.

Quick answer, hood bra to cover it. Long answer is sand and repaint and then hood bra to save it from happening again.
They aren't rock chips.. If they were, I'd have rock chips all over my bumper and front fenders, but, I don't. My bumper and fenders are very clean and don't have marks like the ones on this guys hood or like what's on my hood.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?33400-Hood-nicks.-Scratches-or-paint-fractures
^ this guy has a '93 Civic(same gen) and has similar marks on the front edge of his hood. JUST like mine and the OP. Seems like others on that forum agree that it's paint fractures(more specifically, clear coat fractures). Maybe it's a 5th gen civic thing? Because I have a 4th gen and 6th gen civic in my drive way aswell. 4th gen has 250k on paint/body and doesn't have marks like these. 6th gen has 150k on paint/body and doesn't have marks like these. Yet my 5th gen with 215k on paint/body has the marks..

A hood bra will simply mask the problem(and look worse IMO). you also risk messing up the paint more if you are not careful installing it and/or don't install it properly.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
those ARE rock chips..you can zoom in and see the paint chipped away

the hood in the link you posted and the hood/bumper on the OP's pictures dont even look the same..

BuddhaStyle

I have a lot of rock damage from the highway on my civic and I was wondering what the easiest way to fix this because it looks horrible.

Link to pictures

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll306/brettstony0004/023.jpg
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll306/brettstony0004/016.jpg
i think you should get a new paint job or at least a carbon fiber hood unless u want to sand it down and primer it because it looks nasty my 95 4door was like that but after a little money i made the car look nice again just take car of your baby man