1995 CIvic EX I think this frames bent?

Maddero

My wife went and bought a 1995 civic EX for me while I was away attending training for my job. I took the guy at his word and he said he had lightly hit a tree and took it only took the mirror off...well after i looked at it im trying to attach photos and would like a second opinion before I bought parts for this car or resold it?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does the hood close properly and are there gaps when the hood is closed?
is it the frame you are worried about or the core support?

Maddero

The hood is not the stock hood and is a replacement hood, im not sure how to tell if its a oem hood or not but the previous owner mounted it with hood pins, the bumper is offset like when u look at it from the wheel wells. I'm worried about the frame being bent and have not driven it cause i was thinking it would effect the safety of the car. The hood does stick on the driver side as it gets wedged against the front left fender.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Core support is bent, that's for sure.

Maddero

Been trying to google it and searched here and honda tech, what effect does the core support being bent mean? (wasn't really finding out what it effects or really means)

minja lover

del slo
5+ Year Member
My cars core support was bent when I got it. It just made the front end not line up and the fenders had a lot of pressure on them. They popped right off my when I took them off. You can just have another core support welded in to correct it and have it be all lined up again if you wanted.