1995 Civic EX suggestions.

Bane95

Hey everyone! I am new here, right now I am driving a 97 subaru legacy 2.5 GT. And I am trading it for a 1995 Honda Civic EX. I will be replacing the timing and water pump, but I was curious if you guys could help me make a few decisions as far as upgrades come. What are some of the first things you want to fix on these models. I know it needs an "idle air control valve" as well. I was hoping some of you could tell me what I am getting myself into with buying a civic. My first car was an 85 accord LX and I loved it. Roughly how much would it cost to put a k20 with a 6 speed tranny from a s2000?

I am a noob to this so I need to know what tools to use when doing all this as well.

The tranny I want.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AP1-Honda-S2000-6-Speed-Transmission-69k-Miles-Genuine-Oem-2000-2003-/332147301034?fits=Model:S2000&hash=item4d55859aaa:g:l-sAAOSw9GhYlOWP&vxp=mtr

The engine I want.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/02-05-HONDA-CIVIC-Si-EP3-2-0L-4-CYLINDER-DOHC-iVTEC-ENGINE-JDM-K20A-/272274265146?hash=item3f64cf943a:g:3sYAAOSwc1FXYFJy&vxp=mtr

Otto85

By upgrades im assuming you mean modifications, if so you would be best to start off going through the car and finding what needs replaced do a thorough inspection of the suspension, bushings then move onto the typical tune up including a valve lash adjustment after making sure everything is square then consider mods. I personally havent messed with any swaps but im pretty sure if your wanting to put in a k20 with that tranny its not gonna happen but i could be wrong
Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Transmission won't work with what you want to do. Transmission is F series, motor is K series. Not compatible at all.

K-series swaps aren't the cheapest, but the price has come down quite a bit for them. Still, expect to spend ~$2-3k or so on a full K swap after all is said and done, plus K-Pro or some tuning software. Also, the EP3 motor you linked is the ugly step child of the K-series motors. Look into a K20A2.

Bane95

Awesome thanks for the input guys. 2-3k isn't bad in my opinion, pretty soon money won't be an issue.