1995 Civic sedan 1.5 5th gen shifting issues automatic transmission

Shannon93

I have a 1995 Honda Civic sedan, 1.5 L stock , with an exception of an upgraded air intake. In addition to changing the mass air flow sensor on the intake. I recently have gotten into a front end collision with this car, but have a rebuilt radiator support transmission lines power steering fluid power steering belt, radiator etc. my car ran fine for three weeks after my accident after rebuilding it , but my car has had issues shifting from 3rd to 4th gear this is an automatic transmission, I have a couple of ideas that it might be why my RPM gauge is fluttering when I am steady on the gas and it has issues shifting with hard shifts and high revving before shifting. I have an idea that it might be the transmission shift solenoid, or could it be a clogged catalytic converter? This car has 230,000 miles, these issues didn't start happening until I patch a hole with exhaust tape on my exhaust coming from the rear passenger tire. I have filled my transmission fluid. Could it be a speed sensor? I don't know if that has anything to do with my shifting lagging and my RPM gauge fluttering I have checked my OBD1 myself no codes, no check engine light can anybody help me with the issue I'm having ?

rogerintx

One thing for sure an often overlooked... during an accident the catalytic converter will collapse from within because of the high Heat... so there is a possibility that that is the problem. I would definitely check the catalytic converter before I would check anything else

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

rogerintx

accidents can cause the collapse of the cat... which in turn cause idle issues... i was referencing this quote:

" that it might be why my RPM gauge is fluttering when I am steady on the gas and it has issues shifting with hard shifts and high revving before shifting"

Shannon93

accidents can cause the collapse of the cat... which in turn cause idle issues... i was referencing this quote:

" that it might be why my RPM gauge is fluttering when I am steady on the gas and it has issues shifting with hard shifts and high revving before shifting"

I have put my car up on a floor jack and checked out my cat, very rusty and I will be taking it out tomorrow and replacing it with a flex pipes and u clamps.