1995 dx project sedan

hear7161

I recently acquired a 1995 dx civic sedan with a d16z6 and auto tranny. The car runs but does have its little problems. I’ve decided I’m doing a tranny swap to a manual and want to keep this car N/A. Here are some pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hear7161

Starting to get the interior since it smelled pretty awful

hear7161

Considering buying a b18b engine and switching out the D16Z6

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
The gain in torque will surprise you, do it..

Sent from my boujea ass phone

hear7161

I actually found a b18b1 for 100, with the manifold and obd 1 dizzy, only thing missing is fuel injectors and fuel rail. I’m pretty sure the d series fuel rail will fit the b18, as for the rest of the stuff, axel, tranny, I will be hunting around lol

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
I have oem fuel rails and prob obd1 injectors, thats the easy part. You need axles, shift rods, rear T bracket, trans mount and trans.

hear7161

My daily drivers engine blew out, overheated 1998 Honda Civic d16y8 I think not to sure also auto trans, at this point I’m pretty much gonna drop the 95s tranny and engine into my daily driver and slowly work on the 95, just need to get the b18 hopefully the fuel injectors aren’t too much of a problem

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
An easy boneyard find, your D series injectors will work just dont boost on them. Get the parts, easiest and most punch for a swap

hear7161

Is that yours? Looks beautiful and powerful. I’m actually creating an excel spread sheet with the cost of parts I need and hoping by going to junk yards I can stay under budget. This will be my first stick shift car and I can’t wait to enjoy it. I also drive a tsx with a k2a2 motor but the weight to power makes the car pretty slow therefore I decided not to mod that one and make a master piece out of my gift. Any tips or tricks when it comes to swapping engines based on your experience?

hear7161

Anyways I’ll be posting pics on how everything is going, my next step is to completely clean the interior and finish removing all carpet, or what would you recommend?

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Yes that's my eg6, i love the tsx they look great lowered with wheels but no, not a race car. A B swap can be easy, cheap and fun. My first was an ls 1.8 then a turbo B20 and now full built lsvt. As soon as you get rid of the single cam the fun level starts. If you can wrench and its not your dd for a week you will not regret it.

hear7161

Thanks man definitely looking up the parts now! Just having trouble finding a manual transmission hahaha

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Anyways I’ll be posting pics on how everything is going, my next step is to completely clean the interior and finish removing all carpet, or what would you recommend?

I left the carpet but removed the cushion attached to the underside also removed all the "tar strips, undercoating" on the floor panels. In total @35lbs but cause "hatch street car" full interior, and sub

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Thanks man definitely looking up the parts now! Just having trouble finding a manual transmission hahaha

Diff trans have diff ratios, decide what you want to do b4 you pick a trans

hear7161

The previous owners practically left their dogs live in the car, just couldn’t stand all the hair in the carpet lol

hear7161

Diff trans have diff ratios, decide what you want to do b4 you pick a trans

Yeah for sure going with a b18 if everything turns out fine, then I’ll probably have to looks for a lsd Tran but if a reg oem trans fit the b18 I’m fine with it even tho it has longer shifts I think not to sure

hear7161

Well lsd trans it is I’ll look around for other alternatives then by running parts does that mean radiator as well?

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Rad will work. And way cheaper to add an lsd then find a B-LSD trans under 2k. Research seems like your best friend now. Budget? Thats prob #1