1995 dx project sedan

hear7161

So far I’ve been trying to paint the valve cover, I need to mask the holes and then primer it should be easy, as for the clutch I have to switch out the clutch for a hydro one. Seems like they sell stage 2 clutch kits on eBay for 50$ and my main priority is securing a lsd tranny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
What trans do you want to go with, an oem lsd type r or add a diff to a trans? Different trans, different ratios. Those tires are kinda big for a Honda, what other toys you have??
Try and stay away or do your research on cheap ebay parts like the clutch, id buy a $50 strut tower on ebay no doubt but a $50 clutch, you dont want to have to pull the motor in 500mi due to the disc coming apart.
For suspension id keep it simple maybe some lowering springs and new struts. Check the salvage yards for a rear disc conversion and ad an oem sway bar. Time and budget will dictate all.. your makin good progress in 3 days keep motivated.
Sent from my boujea ass phone

Last edited:

hear7161

What trans do you want to go with, an oem lsd type r or add a diff to a trans? Different trans, different ratios. Those tires are kinda big for a Honda, what other toys you have??
Try and stay away or do your research on cheap ebay parts like the clutch, id buy a $50 strut tower on ebay no doubt but a $50 clutch, you dont want to have to pull the motor in 500mi due to the disc coming apart.
For suspension id keep it simple maybe some lowering springs and new struts. Check the salvage yards for a rear disc conversion and ad an oem sway bar. Time and budget will dictate all.. your makin good progress in 3 days keep motivated.
Thanks man, I’m loving the info definitely helping out. I think I will spend more on an oem clutch since right now it is easy to replace like you said, as for the tranny I’m leaning towards an oem lsd. And yeah I want to go salvaging since I will end up doing the rear disc before suspension. Thank you I’ll make sure to update whenever I can

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Wait till you get some prices on a trans with lsd then see if you might look into adding one into a trans you purchase. What is your overall power goal again? An lsd trans really isnt needed until over 250hp IMHO or unless road or drag racing.
FYI i added a diff into my LS trans cause i wanted the longer non vtec gearing for boost.

hear7161

Wait till you get some prices on a trans with lsd then see if you might look into adding one into a trans you purchase. What is your overall power goal again? An lsd trans really isnt needed until over 250hp IMHO or unless road or drag racing.
FYI i added a diff into my LS trans cause i wanted the longer non vtec gearing for boost.

Well I found someone with a lsd tranny that was modded on. He wants 500 for it. I can get an ls for 250. For right now I plan on just keeping the car under 200 power goals at about 160 hp, maybe in a year or 2 if the car is still good I’ll add a turbo too it. I do plan to take it to the track however, once everything is complete

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Is the trans an oem lsd? I thought only the type r and ctr came with them. 500 is a damn good price if so, and 250 for an ls is damn good too or maybe i been out of the game awhile, i paid 500 for my non-lsd ls some yrs ago but was mint no grinds then added an obx lsd holding strong @580whp.

hear7161

Is the trans an oem lsd? I thought only the type r and ctr came with them. 500 is a damn good price if so, and 250 for an ls is damn good too or maybe i been out of the game awhile, i paid 500 for my non-lsd ls some yrs ago but was mint no grinds then added an obx lsd holding strong @580whp.

The lsd is aftermarket is what I meant and yeah that’s why I didn’t want to pass up either of them, just that I need to swap the my engine clutch to a hydro clutch

hear7161

Just got back from buying a ls mom lsd tranny for 350, hope it works well. Now all I need are a few parts like the clutch line

hear7161

I order everything except the master clutch cylinder, so far I’ve spent 560 on parts 100 on engine, 350 on tranny, and 300 is gonna be in labor the total brings me out to about 1300, now that’s for a complete auto to manual and b series swap, I will also have a left over auto tranny and D16Z6 that works fine. I should be able to get some money out of those. Considering the car was a gift I’m pretty happy I’ve only spent 1300 on reliable parts including labor so I don’t screw something up. Once I get the parts in and the car running I’ll start ordering a new carpet. Bucket seats for the front and keep the rear seats stock. (Can’t really find any different rear seats). Once the interior is done I’ll work on suspension, and rear disc conversion. After that I’ll probably get a speaker system considering the car has no speakers. This is gonna be a fun lil Honda =)

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I’ll start ordering a new carpet. Bucket seats for the front and keep the rear seats stock. (Can’t really find any different rear seats).
You can replace the front seats with seats from a 94-01 Integra or 93-97 Del Sol.
Because they are so nasty, I'd also replace the rear seats.
You can swap with sedan seats from an 92-95 Civic Ex (they have better fabric) or sedan seats from a 94-01 Integra.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
This is moving nice n quickly. Dont forget shift linkage, axles, half shaft, T bracket, etc..

hear7161

I’ll start ordering a new carpet. Bucket seats for the front and keep the rear seats stock. (Can’t really find any different rear seats).
You can replace the front seats with seats from a 94-01 Integra or 93-97 Del Sol.
Because they are so nasty, I'd also replace the rear seats.
You can swap with sedan seats from an 92-95 Civic Ex (they have better fabric) or sedan seats from a 94-01 Integra.
Oh snap I never knew that, I’ll definitely look into some nice Integra seats [emoji41] thanks man

hear7161

This is moving nice n quickly. Dont forget shift linkage, axles, half shaft, T bracket, etc..

Should be getting everything by the end of the week, really excited for the ecu, got a p75 obd1 in really nice condition. I’ll take pics of everything layed our to make sure I’m not missing anything.