1996 Honda Civic DX

SupremeLordAce

So I have a 1996 Honda Civic DX and I want to boost it but I want a New Engine first I just do not know what type i should get or that would fit in the bay for the car> I would like a few pointers it is an automatic sadly. Would just like a new engine

Faassstttt

5+ Year Member
So I have a 1996 Honda Civic DX and I want to boost it but I want a New Engine first I just do not know what type i should get or that would fit in the bay for the car> I would like a few pointers it is an automatic sadly. Would just like a new engine

I have a 1995 Del Sol SI with a JDM 98 B18C Spec R, Vortech Supercharger w/aftercooler, coil on plug(COP), MSD 4 channel CD system, AEM Series II EMS,Skunk intake manifold, Skunk 70 MM Throttle Body,Helical LSD transmission w/ solid carbon fiber synchros, Del Sol VTEC Shift Linkage, Upgraded to VTEC front and Rear Disc Brakes, VTEC Axles, AEM Gauges, VTEC Gauge Cluster, Urethane Motor Mounts, Accessory load reduction pulleys, 9lb Flywheel, Stage III clutch. $10K takes it all. Motor Has 53,000 Miles on it. Registered for only 1 month in Maryland, never on the street since the supercharger was installed. Everything except the shift linkage will fit in your Civic. You can get a VTEC shift linkage from any of a thousand junk yards. Tuned Correctly you can expect 325 to 350 HP and really good reliability.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have you done any actual research yourself on this 22 yr old chassis to see what options are out there...