99-00 Honda Civic Right Fender
99-00 Honda Civic Hood
99-00 AUTHENTIC OEM EM1 Honda Civic Si Front Grille
99-00 Honda Civic Front Bumper
99-00 OEM AUTHENTIC Honda Civic Si Wing
99-00 Rear Bumper
99-00 Rear Lip Replica

Suspension
AUTHENTIC OEM HONDA CIVIC SI Wheels Dunlop SP31 Rear and MICKEY THOMPSON DRAG RADIALS IN THE FRONT
Dropzone Coilovers
KYG Blue Shocks

Interior
All Terrain Floor Mats
EP3 Honda Civic SiR Front Seats
DC5 Acura Integra Type-S Steering Wheel w/ Air Bag
AEM Wideband 02 Sensor w/ Gauge
Autometer Boost Gauge
Pro-Comp Oil Pressure Gauge
Dual Gauge Pod Cluster Bezel
Pioneer AVH-P6300BT Flip Up Touch Screen Unit
Type-R Shift Boot
Honda S2000 Club Racer Edition Replica Shift Knob

Engine
B18A Block
Eagle Rods
CP 9.0:1 Compression Pistons
PR3 B16A Cylinder HEad
Type R Valves
Type R Valve Springs
Type R Retainers
Type R Camshafts
Golden Eagle LS-VTEC Conversion Kit
New Gaskets all around (Head, oil pan, valve cover)
New B16 Distributor
Red Coated B16 Valve Cover
Carbon Fiber Spark Plug Cover
Godspeed High Volume Fuel rail
ID 1200 CC Fuel Injectors
Walboro 255 LPH Fuel Pump
AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator W/ Gauge
Omni Power 4 Bar MAP Sensor
HKS Super Sequencial Blow Off Valve
Tial Wastegate
Precision 62-65 Turbo (Running @15 PSI)
Log Turbo Manifold
New Water Pump
Type R Oil Pump
New Alternator
Innovative Racing Motor Mounts
Aluminum Radiator
Aluminum Custom Made Intercooler Piping
VMS Radiator Bracket
3 Inch Custom Exhaust to 3 Inch VIBRANT MUFFLER
Engine is currently tuned on and running E85 Ethanol Fuel

Drivetrain
GSR Transmission
7 LB Fidanza Flywheel
Exedy Stage 5 Clutch
Driveshaft Shop Stage 3 Axles

ECU
OBD2A to OBD1 Jumper Harness
OBD 1 P28 Tuned on CROME

HAVE ANY QUESTIONS!? CALL ME DIRECTLY AT NINE FIVE FOUR THREE NINE THREE EIGHT ZERO ONE ZERO!

Cant upload pics here, refer to my ebay ad below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Civic-HX-/151844865772?forcerrptr=true&hash=item235aa8c6ec&item=151844865772

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Now that Xpl0d3r and I have clarified our misunderstandings, I'm editing my comments to reflect how I should've said them from the start. My suggestions are for the sake of you reaching more interested buyers to increase the chances of you getting maximum value. If you're not interested in my comments, let me know and I'll just delete them or PM them instead. Keep in mind I was raised in Miami, FL where most Hondas are ragged out and a lot of sellers lie about damages, making it very frustrating for legit purchasers with money to spend. Honest detailed listings getting quicker responses from better potential buyers. Lack of details tends to attract the schmucks that will low-ball you and waste your time.

1. I believe you should edit your DC5 in for to state RSX being that the steering wheel has the Acura logo as the Honda Integras (as they're known outside the US) have the H emblem.
2. You may want to mention why you have some bumper and fender fitment issues and color disparity as some may just assume the worse, like an accident, and not even contact you to find out.
3. If you still have the Din that was removed to install the lower pod gauge, a dremmel to that original din can allow that pod to look like a nice custom install.
4. Your fog light switch is upside down, but you may consider replacing it with the blank plate and selling the switch on eBay for a few bucks. Those blanks are easy to find at a few junkyards down there. The Honda junkyard on NW 41st and 27 Ave is a great resource.
5. Low tire air pressure isnt anything dire, but someone like me would think if you cant even do that, or clean the car to sell it, then you're more likely to be the kind of guy to cuts corners in an engine build too.

When I looked around for a Civic before purchasing my HX, I must've seen about 6 hatchbacks and was p*ssed off at least 5 of those times due to misleading descriptions. In ended up getting mine for an awesome price by using all the minor issues to negotiate the price down because I could tell the engine didn't need much. If your engine was, in fact, built very well and runs smoothly, it'd be a shame for you not to get top dollar over some easily addressable cosmetic issues.

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I never understand how someone tries to sell a car without even cleaning it up. Thats NOT a DC5 Integra steering wheel as claimed. DC5s are Honda branded, not Acura which is only used in the US. Anytime lying is a selling tactic, its a clear sign of a bad investment. You also forgot to mention why the rear bumper, front bumper, hood, passenger side front fender and grille dont match in paint and are all fitted poorly. Either installation was rushed or there's been a front end collision. The upper center console is broken with missing air vents along with a broken cup holder, all unexplained, and a pod shoved into the lower bin tray space with nothing around it, just leaving an ugly open gap. The fog light switch is even upside down, but that shouldnt matter seeing as the car doesn't have fog lights. Add that to the fact that the rear tires are low on air and you have plenty of proof of "great" attention to detail. Good luck getting $3500 for it, mmmaybe $4000 if its a kid who doesn't know any better.
I honestly just think he meant RSX instead of Integra. Judging by another site in which he posted the FS thread, he refers to it as an RSX wheel later on in his details. Same in his eBay link.

@BlackEK4coupe , please edit your post to include pictures *with your username* as per the classifieds rules. You mention that you cannot upload pictures here, but I have faith in you. Upload them to external site and link them. I may have to shutdown your thread otherwise.

Thanks! :thumbs up

Last edited:

BlackEK4coupe

Limitless Honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I never understand how someone tries to sell a car without even cleaning it up. Thats NOT a DC5 Integra steering wheel as claimed. DC5s are Honda branded, not Acura which is only used in the US. Anytime lying is a selling tactic, its a clear sign of a bad investment. You also forgot to mention why the rear bumper, front bumper, hood, passenger side front fender and grille dont match in paint and are all fitted poorly. Either installation was rushed or there's been a front end collision. The upper center console is broken with missing air vents along with a broken cup holder, all unexplained, and a pod shoved into the lower bin tray space with nothing around it, just leaving an ugly open gap. The fog light switch is even upside down, but that shouldnt matter seeing as the car doesn't have fog lights. Add that to the fact that the rear tires are low on air and you have plenty of proof of "great" attention to detail. Good luck getting $3500 for it, mmmaybe $4000 if its a kid who doesn't know any better.

Oh, I do NOT miss car hunting in South Florida.

LOL ok guy, go to any 02-06 RSX Type S and you will see the VIN starts with DC5. Also, its a 19 year old car. Things have been repainted and they do encounter their common wear and tear. As for the reason why the cup holder and climate control is damaged....I do not know, I initially purchased the vehicle like that, perhaps someones dog had a party in the car. Either way it is an easy fix and is appealing to the person who sees the value in the engine / drivetrain / turbo set up. The engine is solid and $5000 for a fully built engine making 420 to the wheels reliably is a gift. There is a fraction of that from the ground up motor build and turbo kit. This is simply one of my five toys I am looking to sell to free up some funds for my Turbo S2000 build and my Right Hand Drive Altezza. So enjoy your gas saver HX with your eBay window visors buddy.

BlackEK4coupe

Limitless Honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
*Sigh*

This car is worth its price in the engine/transmission/turbo set up. I'm sure people are willing to overlook the cosmetic flaws for a low turn key 11 second car. If not then I truly do not care. It will sell either way.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That car would probably sell pretty quick up here to be honest. No rust is a BIG selling point for these cars up this way.

GLWS!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That car would probably sell pretty quick up here to be honest. No rust is a BIG selling point for these cars up this way. GLWS!
I'll take your word for it, but in South Florida its not that easy. There are a lot of low-ballers and most good consumers look for details or get discouraged more easily. I know because I was one of them. The good thing is there's a big demand for good Hondas but the bad is that most engine swapped Hondas are done poorly in S.FL, so the good ones need to stand out with a good description.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'll take your word for it, but in South Florida its not that easy. There are a lot of low-ballers and most good consumers look for details or get discouraged more easily. I know because I was one of them. The good thing is there's a big demand for good Hondas but the bad is that most engine swapped Hondas are done poorly in S.FL, so the good ones need to stand out with a good description.
That makes perfect sense. And yeah, there are next to no rust-free cars up here that are 15+ years old. s**t, I'd still have my Honda if the gas tank straps didn't rust away. You could tap the rear quarter panels and watch rust just fall out. :lol:

Also, @BlackEK4coupe I still need you to edit first post to include a picture of the car / bay with your username somewhere in it. Thanks!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LOL ok guy, go to any 02-06 RSX Type S and you will see the VIN starts with DC5. Also, its a 19 year old car. Things have been repainted and they do encounter their common wear and tear. As for the reason why the cup holder and climate control is damaged....I do not know, I initially purchased the vehicle like that, perhaps someones dog had a party in the car. Either way it is an easy fix and is appealing to the person who sees the value in the engine / drivetrain / turbo set up. The engine is solid and $5000 for a fully built engine making 420 to the wheels reliably is a gift. There is a fraction of that from the ground up motor build and turbo kit. This is simply one of my five toys I am looking to sell to free up some funds for my Turbo S2000 build and my Right Hand Drive Altezza. So enjoy your gas saver HX with your eBay window visors buddy.
Just an FYI, I updated my original comments to be more constructive than overly critical. Sorry about that. I admit if that engine was built well that I'd love to try it out.

dancam

Registered VIP
I dunno guys, i looked at that ebay ad and i have never seen someone post so many pictures and videos of a civic before... Wow! The body is typical for a built civic, nothing out of the ordinary there. I thought it looked like a pretty sweet deal if your into that until i saw the air filter. But if you want an already built real fast 1/4mile civic that will last a year or so this is probably the best deal you'll find?
Guys who are tryin to hide something dont post that many pictures and videos...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dunno guys, i looked at that ebay ad and i have never seen someone post so many pictures and videos of a civic before... Wow! The body is typical for a built civic, nothing out of the ordinary there. I thought it looked like a pretty sweet deal if your into that until i saw the air filter. But if you want an already built real fast 1/4mile civic that will last a year or so this is probably the best deal you'll find?
Guys who are tryin to hide something dont post that many pictures and videos...
No argument there, but its all relative to the area in which the car's being sold. South Florida can be dicey. Videos and pictures can say alot, but written description and lack thereof can sometimes speak louder to some. Then again, being detail oriented in such ways like myself is becoming a dying breed nowadays.

dancam

Registered VIP
No argument there, but its all relative to the area in which the car's being sold. South Florida can be dicey. Videos and pictures can say alot, but written description and lack thereof can sometimes speak louder to some. Then again, being detail oriented in such ways like myself is becoming a dying breed nowadays.
You mentioned his area again- whats special about south florida? What makes the market or buyers there different than north florida or anywhere else?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's one example. I now live 3 hours north of Miami and Civics are definitely cheaper to find by a considerable amount.

I'll try to keep it short (which I'm not good at)... Miami Civic owners are largely young and rag out their Civics to the point where many go through several Civics. Theyre mostly that newby-minded fool that thinks Hondas are sports cars. Being young and ignorant to factual automotive knowledge, they wont usually pay $5000-$6000 for a 90's Civic with a modded engine because "I can swap the engine myself for cheaper", doing so poorly in the process yet never admitting it. And yet they still over-value their own ragged out ricers when they try to sell them. Respectable Honda owners are few and far between down there. Keep in mind Miami has a lot of people in a relatively small area compared to other major cities, so I'd say that for every 1 good Honda enthusiast there are maybe at least 50 bad ones. That makes for maybe 1 or 2 good Civic for sale out of maybe 20 and that 1 good needle in a haystack may take a while to be for sale and may have a higher asking price than it should. These are rough approximations of course as there are always exceptions to the rule, but I make my opinions based on my experience and that of other friends who like Hondas and/or are mechanics or shop owners and deal with them all the time. Living in another state for 2 years made me realize that all the Honda stereotypes, good and bad, are magnified in S.FL in opposite directions. in KY theres a bigger need for AWD cars or trucks what with heavier winters and alot of terrain, so there are less Hondas. In S.FL the terrain is all flat so Hondas are great for every season. Thus, location largely affects the interested demographic one way or another.

dancam

Registered VIP
Ok, ya we have counties as big as half of florida and you actually have 2/3 the population of Canada itself in the state of florida- i forgot about that. That makes sense. I was comparing it to a province here. The province im in is basically 4 times the size of florida but florida has 5 times the population. So whereas you have 117 people per square km we have 6. That must suck for you, but anyway, demographics dont change much here =) theres city folk and country folk and mostly country people dont drive civics but when they do they beat on them; city people do but their split into 2 groups. One is ignorant and may or may not have beat their car but they didn't take care of it so it doesn't matter. The other group took care of their car but want too much money cos they know it. :p

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't recall the exact percentage, but a while back it was estimated at least 1/3 of Florida's population is in and around Miami. The graph below helps with a visual aid, but I guarantee you that picture doesn't include the hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants in Miami and adjacent counties.

Last edited:

conor97hx

My em1 was a florida car, it ended up having a lot of issues. Had a gsr swap. So I believe hex but I'll still say glws since this car at least looks like you took your time and did it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.