1997 civic lx want to add keyless need help!

contact148

I have a 1997 civic lx canada

it came with power steering ac and auto transmission

I added honda pw,pdl and power mirrors they all work fine i got all parts from scrap yard no cutting of wires needed was plug and play.

I want to add keyless entry I have the factory radio pushing the valet button does nothing manual says locks should cycle they do not.

I pulled radio today it only has the one connector going to it the white connecter for the stereo the radio also does not have the antenna on the top of it?
the harness in the car has ONLY the white radio connector no green ones

I pulled a harness from a 98 ex (radio gone) it has has a small green connector taped up it has 5 pins but only two wires are in it blue and blue/white it had another green connector which I believe is for the honda security module that goes on top of thee radio.

so what do I need to ad factory keyless I will need a harness and a different radio?. I think Canada had different radios then all other markets connector wise

please see pics
pic 1 radio with small green connector is MY radio NOTICE no antenna on back....
pic 2 radio connectors on harness i got from 98 ex at scrap yard the small green i dont know what it does and the large green would appear to fit the optional honda security module that goes on top of radio
pic 3 random online pic of the radio WITH security system the harness i have looks to have the green plug that would fit the security module on top of radio?

Attachments

Last edited:

contact148

Im still looking for the answer I know I need a different radio and wire harness unfortunately I live in Canada both were options not often ordered and as the cars are 24+ years old not many left to find at the auto wreckers
I need a harness with these connectors for the radio (pic below) problem is I don't know what harness will fit my 1997 lx sedan with AT which im essentially converting to an ex buy adding this harness

I did find out what the small green connector does its for the optional LED security light on the radio.......

Attachments

Last edited:

contact148

so I know what i need i need a new dash/radio harness they were standard in the us but not canada

best would be a 1998 ex automatic

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
You can get the harness from any salvage yard for a few bucks. Will just require about 2 hours of your time to tear down the dash and remove the harness.