1997 civic turbo help

Joshua hughes

I just bought a clean 1997 civic lx low miles and clean body. Bought a turbo kit and need help with the welding of my bung on the oil pan

Drakon543

what exactly do you need help with? instructions or someone to do it for you?

Joshua hughes

I've already put the whole turbo kit in I got everything done that I needed to get done I did the bong myself and it came out just fine no leaks at all the oil return lines are good I did a good job so this old Civic LX bucket moves pretty good

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What "kit" was used?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So another cheap, generic, throw it on turbo kit?

Joshua hughes

You know I already had a b16a3 built by courtney green in a 95 hatchback made 385 hp on 11 psi around town it was on 9 which made 355hp. It had a 60-1 turbo and all the goodies so I know what it's like to have a fun car this is just something to fart around in that's all. I'm building a b20 block sleeves Pistons rods crank and then I got a GSR head then I'm going to do cams valve springs retainers a good head job I know what's going on did I got a nice little kit here sitting for that to you so

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
this is just something to fart around in that's all.
I guess, but you won't be farting around for very long if the turbo doesn't last. What did you tune it with?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't understand dropping money on junk when you could be putting that towards "your b20 build".
The fact that your using poor quality components, even just to "fart around" would make me question the quality of the b20/GSR build.
Are you actually building it, or having it built?

I know what's going on did I got a nice little kit here sitting for that to you so
What?