1997 DX hatch

lunder03

Respected
That would make absolutely no sense when he just went through the effort rebuilding and painting his itr calipers which are more than sufficient to stop a b16 hatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's just a suggestion, besides the info. is beneficial to others whom haven't done such, but are looking for upgradable braking systems. Every little bit helps.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's just a suggestion, besides the info. is beneficial to others whom haven't done such, but are looking for upgradable braking systems. Every little bit helps.

.....anybody ever search for answers or do people just only ask questions?

http://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/brakeexperts-brake-chart-thread-civic-brake-upgrades-ef-eg-ek-integras-3044628/

This kind of information is extremely old. The only options that haven't been explored are pointless upgrade options or retrofitting brakes from new model cars to these old civics/integras.

lunder03

Respected
.....anybody ever search for answers or do people just only ask questions?

http://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/brakeexperts-brake-chart-thread-civic-brake-upgrades-ef-eg-ek-integras-3044628/

This kind of information is extremely old. The only options that haven't been explored are pointless upgrade options or retrofitting brakes from new model cars to these old civics/integras.
I don't think I've looked around on here enough and I should do that. Sorry about that...on both counts.

:-)

Just out of curiosity, how do you look up certain information? Seems like when I use the search feature...let's say "break upgrades for 7th. Gen civic" absolutely nothing comes up. Am I doing something wrong or is it this tapatalk app.? Someone else on here said the app. is crap and doesn't like to interact with the servers well, or something along those lines.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't think I've looked around on here enough and I should do that. Sorry about that...on both counts.

:-)

Just out of curiosity, how do you look up certain information? Seems like when I use the search feature...let's say "break upgrades for 7th. Gen civic" absolutely nothing comes up. Am I doing something wrong or is it this tapatalk app.? Someone else on here said the app. is crap and doesn't like to interact with the servers well, or something along those lines.

I can't speak on the app, I don't use that thing myself. I do search and have searched for ages with how long I've been on this forum, and most questions have been answered several times over the years. Google search questions and add clubcivic in the search queue. :thumbs up

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just out of curiosity, how do you look up certain information? Seems like when I use the search feature...let's say "break upgrades for 7th. Gen civic" absolutely nothing comes up.
Probably because car's have brakes, not breaks ;) :lol:

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
Lol...and here I thought I was great at spelling! Slowwwwly, putting my hand back down in hopes of nobody noticing...

lol I'm not sure why everyone decided to start roasting you when you weren't even the one who was throwing out pointless "suggestions" to begin with. There's so many options when it comes to oem Honda and a ton of info out there that it seems absurd to me to even suggest using wrx brakes

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol I'm not sure why everyone decided to start roasting you when you weren't even the one who was throwing out pointless "suggestions" to begin with. There's so many options when it comes to oem Honda and a ton of info out there that it seems absurd to me to even suggest using wrx brakes

Nothing but love homie

lunder03

Respected

Eh, people are bored at times, I think. Anyway, I converse with a few of these fellow "roasters", so I'll eat it...no biggie...tastes like stake oooorrrr is it steak...lol...better run with the latter. :-)

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP

my suggestion was not pointless at all, aburd?? lol, you just said that on the sole facts that they're from WRX model and not from another Honda. But aside all that here is some food for thoughts.only other Honda that had dual piston caliper are NSX and RL legends and they cost abit more then the stock wrx caliper which makes them cheaper to get and use and still have the same braking power as the nsx and the rl legends calipers will do. the only increased braking you'll see switching to type r brakes is ability to use much bigger rotors. single piston caliper only covers about 2/3 of the brake pad where as the dual piston caliper will have 100% full coverage from end to end of the pads that's where you'll see the improvement in braking power allowing you to brake harder and later which help reduce lap time by good amount. if yo want to know more check out fastbrake got tons of info on alternate brake upgrade to Hondas using stock oem stuff

lunder03

Respected
my suggestion was not pointless at all, aburd?? lol, you just said that on the sole facts that they're from WRX model and not from another Honda. But aside all that here is some food for thoughts.only other Honda that had dual piston caliper are NSX and RL legends and they cost abit more then the stock wrx caliper which makes them cheaper to get and use and still have the same braking power as the nsx and the rl legends calipers will do. the only increased braking you'll see switching to type r brakes is ability to use much bigger rotors. single piston caliper only covers about 2/3 of the brake pad where as the dual piston caliper will have 100% full coverage from end to end of the pads that's where you'll see the improvement in braking power allowing you to brake harder and later which help reduce lap time by good amount. if yo want to know more check out fastbrake got tons of info on alternate brake upgrade to Hondas using stock oem stuff
This individual knows their stuff, check out this individuals build while your at it! Seen other posts made by this individual on anothers build as well as their own. Can run laps around a dude who thinks he knows something...

Thank you for your knowledge & sharing and hell yeah, cheaper for the same performance gains...I'm with that!

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
As if fastbrakes.com is a well kept secret or something? And no one here needs to be educated on the benefit of having a dual piston caliper. The op JUST REBUILT oem itr calipers and you come out of nowhere suggesting that he get some wrx calipers. Caliper suggestions were not asked for or necessary yet you take it upon yourself to "educate" everyone on why he should be using them so yes your suggestions were absolutely pointless. Everything you just regurgitated is common knowledge

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
As if fastbrakes.com is a well kept secret or something? And no one here needs to be educated on the benefit of having a dual piston caliper. The op JUST REBUILT oem itr calipers and you come out of nowhere suggesting that he get some wrx calipers. Caliper suggestions were not asked for or necessary yet you take it upon yourself to "educate" everyone on why he should be using them so yes your suggestions were absolutely pointless. Everything you just regurgitated is common knowledge

actually op recently got the set of used itr calipers with to go with the integra spindles along with integra 1" master for " upgrading" his previous setup.... i'm not the one that decided just hop on and just blantly just call someone else suggestion pointless and usless like as if your some know it all. If you don't got nice thing to say you should do well to keep that mouth of your in check or someday someone else will.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
actually op recently got the set of used itr calipers with to go with the integra spindles along with integra 1" master for " upgrading" his previous setup.... i'm not the one that decided just hop on and just blantly just call someone else suggestion pointless and usless like as if your some know it all. If you don't got nice thing to say you should do well to keep that mouth of your in check or someday someone else will.
Are you really trying to threaten me on this forum? You should prob just keep your advice to yourself and stop trying to educate people unnecessarily. You want to call me a know it all and yet you're the one on here trying to spit common knowledge like you're more intelligent than everyone else. The op is obviously well aware of his options as far as brake upgrade options seeing as he didn't ask for anyone's help or opinion. You took it upon yourself to interject. It seems as if you're desperately trying to portray yourself as someone with superior knowledge. Have you even read this guys build thread? If you had you would be well aware that he doesn't need your advice seeing as his car is a far better example of a well executed Honda build than your own

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Are you really trying to threaten me on this forum? You should prob just keep your advice to yourself and stop trying to educate people unnecessarily. You want to call me a know it all and yet you're the one on here trying to spit common knowledge like you're more intelligent than everyone else. The op is obviously well aware of his options as far as brake upgrade options seeing as he didn't ask for anyone's help or opinion. You took it upon yourself to interject. It seems as if you're desperately trying to portray yourself as someone with superior knowledge. Have you even read this guys build thread? If you had you would be well aware that he doesn't need your advice seeing as his car is a far better example of a well executed Honda build than your own

And your the one who took it upon your self to call my suggestion pointless and aburd like an a*****e....things would have been way different if you had just said the itr brake setup is sufficient enough for his setup instead and left it at that. No its not a threat its common sense dude, you must be on some drugs or some s**t to think that acting like a d**k to someone and is expecting nothing negative to happen afterward....

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you made a suggestion

he wrote his opinion of your suggestion...opinions are legal lol

then you tell him to check his mouth before someone else does, lol.

I don't think there's a requirement for everyone to agree with suggestions laid out on this forum, I could be wrong, I haven't read the forum rules in years.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
you made a suggestion

he wrote his opinion of your suggestion...opinions are legal lol

then you tell him to check his mouth before someone else does, lol.

I don't think there's a requirement for everyone to agree with suggestions laid out on this forum, I could be wrong, I haven't read the forum rules in years.
he is entitled to his opinion but as I said would had been better off if had just said the what op has is more then sufficient enough for his setup instead... everything has a consequences good or bad opinion or not. what would you think would had happen if ppl didn't watch what they say and how they say it to other people. His choice of wording and how he said it is just straight up rude as f**k and disrespectful and most people will give you s**t end of the stick for that. its one thing to talk to your own friends and family that way, Its totally different thing when you talk to a stranger/someone you barely know to like that.