1997 Honda civic Upgrades

Tdinkins

5+ Year Member
I just purchased a 1997 Honda civic Lx SOHC . I want to upgrade it to the MaX, but I'm not sure where to began. I purchased some after market headers on ebay and had them installed. I dont know what else to do. I dont want my car to sound to loud , but i do want to get some civic recognition and power. Help me out guys.. I wanna rep the HoNDA Civic Well.=]

Last edited:

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Reminds me of that one guy bzfresh or whatever.
You speak as if you were in Fast and the Furious, talking about respect and s**t ahah.

Want power? Swap in a K20, twin turbo that motherfucker, $15000 later call it a day.

Tdinkins

5+ Year Member
You speak as if you were in Fast and the Furious, talking about respect and s**t ahah.

Want power? Swap in a K20, twin turbo that motherfucker, $15000 later call it a day.
Thanx for replying. I dont want to race it, I just want better power than stock. Is it cool to put headers on a SOHc? What other modifications should I use?

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanx for replying. I dont want to race it, I just want better power than stock. Is it cool to put headers on a SOHc? What other modifications should I use?

Edit: let me stop bein mean. Just use Search

Project "H"

Project "H" Racing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Air intake,cat-back exhaust,race cat that'll be a good start but do a little searching and pretty much map out what you wanna do and how you want i tto look

Tdinkins

5+ Year Member
When I installed my headers the factory o2 sensor downstream is to short. Do you know the systematic order of extending it?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cut one wire at a time :thumbup:

Tdinkins

5+ Year Member
I want to use the factory sensor wire and add it to the universal bosch o2 sensor. How would i know which wire connects to which without grounding it out. It is a 4 wire system and I need to know which colors go with which. There are 2 black 1 green and 1 white on the factory and the universial bosch has 2 whites 1 black and 1 gray. Help me...

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want to use the factory sensor wire and add it to the universal bosch o2 sensor. How would i know which wire connects to which without grounding it out. It is a 4 wire system and I need to know which colors go with which. There are 2 black 1 green and 1 white on the factory and the universial bosch has 2 whites 1 black and 1 gray. Help me...
whynot just extend the factory one?

speedyC'dan

5+ Year Member

haha "you almost had me?, you never even had your car?"

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do suspension for sure.