1998 Honda Civic Ex First Car

Ishtiaq Rahman

9593f35608bd33ffe94cbfeef371e98a.jpg 651dc717c6cb8886b0e268609f2a1bfd.jpg So I recently bought a 98 ex 4dr. This is my first car. I really want to keep this car for awhile since its practically my baby. Only problem is I don't know much about cars. But, from what I hear the Honda community is very big and welcoming. So i'd like to thank everyone in advance for the help and feedback. Currently I'm in the process of getting a replacement rear bumper and painting the side fender. Does anyone know where I can get a fan switch controller for thermostat housing that's preferably OEM.

http://imgur.com/a/6nnqC

Attachments

Ishtiaq Rahman

Ok. Unfortunately I ran into a problem. Was reversing when someone opened my door and I hit a pole. Now this happens. See attached video. Does anyone have any recommendations on what I can do? Ok I have no idea how to post a video. Bust basically it takes a lot of force to open the doors. The back door has to be opened first for the front door to open. And when closing its in reverse. But the back door when closing scrapes the front door. And the top of the back door has a gap in between.

Hondad78

Respected
5+ Year Member
Something is not plumb, "frame" bent or body panels. Honestly I wouldn't spend the coin to fix. I would scrap it and get another, they are cheap enough. If you can get the motor pulled even better, swap it into a donor car.

Ishtiaq Rahman

Update: I got a local body shop to fix it for $100. Doors don't feel the same but at least they're functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ishtiaq Rahman

Ok. Moving on to the next step. So I know the recommended wheel size is

O.E. Wheel Size14x5.5
O.E. Tire Size185/65R/14
O.E. Offset Min/Max35 / 45
Bolt Pattern4x100

Is there a way I can fit 15's without dropping the car and rolling the fenders. The car is currently stock height and I have no intentions of lowering it especially since New York has some nasty roads.

steven7685

dont mean to bring back a dead thread. but im currently looking at tire and wheel options as well. from what im reading you shouldn't have any issues putting 15's on the car. I've read that most people like the 15s.

Personally I've been looking at some 16x7 ENKEI RSF5 rims with a +38 offset, and some 205/45/16 BFG's for my 2000 LX. still trying to get some answers on my own thread. it seems this forum is either slow or nearly dead.

CaptianSam

View attachment 29389View attachment 29390 So I recently bought a 98 ex 4dr. This is my first car. I really want to keep this car for awhile since its practically my baby. Only problem is I don't know much about cars. But, from what I hear the Honda community is very big and welcoming. So i'd like to thank everyone in advance for the help and feedback. Currently I'm in the process of getting a replacement rear bumper and painting the side fender. Does anyone know where I can get a fan switch controller for thermostat housing that's preferably OEM.

I owned two 1998's and they served me well. Keep ahead of the maintenance is my advice. I took good care of the cars and gave them to my two older sons when we had to get a van in order to cart us all around. As I recall, one had a 1.6 cc engine and the other a 1.8, The configuration looked different to me. I am not a mechanic but I do what I can. I replaced the shocks and that restored a decent ride. Have fun.