1999 Civic SI Dropped Low on Progress CS-II Coilovers. Check it out!

1999EM1

I'm going to have to raise the front. I can take most speed bumps head on, driveways at a slant, but I can't make a u-turn without scrubbing. When I turn left or right, my tires rub against my fender. My fenders are already starting to damage my tire so I'm raising it 1/4th of an inch and getting my fenders rolled tomorrow.

Hearing that shriek from my car when I want to make a simple left turn sucks. :(

1999EM1

I plan on getting an alignment done on Friday as well.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pic fail.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Can't see the pictures. They appear to be linked to your gmail account which we cannot see unless we log into your account lol.

If you're rubbing, it sounds like you lowered it too low. You're not supposed to go that low on Progress CS-II's.

1999EM1

The pics should work now. It's funny because I can take speed bumps head on but can't do turns without my fender scraping my tires. It's worse on drivers side. Getting it raised a quarter inch and fenders rolled today at 12.

1999EM1

New pic, raised it up slightly in the front. Just took it right now in the rain. Also got my fenders rolled.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DAM......... b***h is BAAAAAD!!! and is still low even after you raised it a bit.....man cant wait till i do my drop!!!

1999EM1

DAM......... b**** is BAAAAAD!!! and is still low even after you raised it a bit.....man cant wait till i do my drop!!!
Yup, I asked them to not raise it too much. After having that fender gap for so long, I couldn't stand it. Had to go low.

Hope it goes well dude. You thinking about coilovers or springs?

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yup, I asked them to not raise it too much. After having that fender gap for so long, I couldn't stand it. Had to go low.

Hope it goes well dude. You thinking about coilovers or springs?
well im saving up to get those progress CS-ll's as well so..................yeah coilovers! LoL

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah that's way too low for CS-II's.... I suspect the shocks won't last long.

1999EM1

Yeah that's way too low for CS-II's.... I suspect the shocks won't last long.
Idk who started that rumor, but my cousins Integra GS has been slammed on Progress CS-IIs for 2 years, and my neighbor's RSX is pretty low as well on Progress CS-IIs. The guide that came with the coils says it was meant to drop it 1"-3". I'm really happy with the drop, but they feel soft compared to Skunk2s. Should have gone with 350/350 instead of 350/250.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
From what I've heard they shouldn't go lower than 1.5". So I could be mistaken. But if that is the case, you are certainly way too low.

If the guide says 1-3", then I take back what I said. It just seemed otherwise from what everyone else says.

1999EM1

Raised it up again in the front. I'm going to keep it at this height. Now I just need a front lip and a black mesh grill.