1999 Honda Civic DX Coupe cluster

1slowcoupe

Hey guys I’m new to the Civic Nation, is an Honor. Well this is my first post. Ibarely picked up a 99 civic DX coupe 5-spd manual with 182k miles even though the cluster says 142k, icame to find out looking up on my car fax but that’s the issue the speedometer don’t work & inoticed that it doesn’t show rpm just the mph, do other civic trims use the same exact cluster?, I’m looking for one with rpms gauge because to be real I’m a noob in the manual world, & knowing exactly what rpms I hit would help me out alot.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dx is the basic trim level, so there is no tachometer in the cluster.
You'll need to find and swap in any 96-00 Civic Lx, Ex, Si, or a cluster from a manual 97-01 CRV. Any of those are literally plug n play.

I’m a noob in the manual world, & knowing exactly what rpms I hit would help me out alot.
You could just listen to the motor, you should be able to tell when to shift...

1slowcoupe

Dx is the basic trim level, so there is no tachometer in the cluster.
You'll need to find and swap in any 96-00 Civic Lx, Ex, Si, or a cluster from a manual 97-01 CRV. Any of those are literally plug n play.
Thanks a lot, now to do some search for a good cheap cluster!

You could just listen to the motor, you should be able to tell when to shift...
Thanks a lot, now to do some search for a good cheap cluster
& I’ve been practicing lately like that, since it came with headers, igo with the fart can roaring n start to shift once I hear that but thanks a lot again!