1999 honda Lx issues

Mike99LX

Its been awhile coming back here. Sorry couldnt post about the long haul trip been having issues.
Ok first. Ran into a power issue car just lost power was stuck but got a tow back home.
Looked it over and looked like the ignition coil.
So bought a new ignition coil and car ran but blew out a cloud of white while test driving around the block.
Second. Bought new plug wires and sprark plugs.
Ran a bit better blew out what was left of the white smoke and back to normal but just now was driving lost power for a second and the cloud showed up again but then ran normal again.
I dont know but are these the symptoms of cut my losses or am i just getting worried over nothing?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Is the CEL lit up at all? If not, does the CEL work? Stock motor?

Mike99LX

Stock motor.
CEL? No lights come up on the dash if thats what CEL means.trying not to be difficult im just not a pro mechanic.
But will look up CEL on the 99 civic lx so we can be on the same page here.

Mike99LX

Ok yeah no CEL lights go on will have to look up on how to test if they are even working. When I turn the car on they light up for a second then go dark.

Mike99LX

Oil change 3 months ago just driving around town nothing far. Toped it off a few days ago. Coolant is fine no gunk and topped off also. I can check the dip stick to see if anything is looking bad

Mike99LX

Bone stock yes.
Ok first thing I will do tomorrow with some daylight.
Will take a few pics just in case.

Mike99LX

20171103_151249.jpg 20171103_150935.jpg 20171103_150947.jpg 20171103_151029.jpg well got some pics. Now this tablet is being nuts and now hood wont close all the way. Havnt touched anything yet. Having my adult fit. Grabbing a smoke and grub and will get down draining the oil soon. Need a breather cause i probably have to unbolt the hatch and look at that to now. Bare with me.

Mike99LX

Ok idk what the hell probably the weather but just had to help push a lever. Hood is back to normal shuts fine.
Now for the gritty fun. Draining. Here goes nothing

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
White smoke is usually coolant, ex. Head gasket. Compression test?

Sent from my boujea ass phone

Mike99LX

That doesnt sound good.
Well drained and took it for a cruise no smoke. Probably drove it harder than I usually do but still no smoke.
Pic of the dip stick after driving 20171103_165653.jpg

Mike99LX

Runs rich. Lil shacking in the stearing wheel. I dont know just happened when new plugs and wires were put in.
RPMs between 1 and 2 when first start I put it in gear and RPMs go down to normal and stays. No dash lights and no overheating

Mike99LX

Well. Have people here. Have to head out but will keep checking on here.
Thanks again for any help here

Mike99LX

Cool the levels look good just got out of surgery and was hell getting under and checking and going back under so many times.
Richer how im taking it. It was smooth all the time but a lil beast till it gets in gear then calms back down. All 123 gears. Gotta hurry up to second the ah im good then omg here comes third then calms down. Have to grab the nighbor he hops up hot rods n stuff betting he has a code tool

Mike99LX

But nope no lights showed. Like I said turn on the car they show then go dark. The temp works it goes up but normal. Wasnt wearing a seat belt and light came on.

Mike99LX

Got it. I really didnt want that but figured it would do something with timing also. 185xxx miles dude i bought it from probably treated it like s**t cause ive been replacing alot more than a $1500 sale. I will check into that. Yeah a lil rough then fine