• 2.2 VTEC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lylej

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wazzup ppl.
I just want to know which is the best way to go, either a 2.2 VTEC NA, or a 1.5i with a nice big asma pump in my civic hatch ??

thanks

cheers

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It would seem to me that the VTEC option would be cheaper because turbocharging a 1.5 would require extensive internal work to be able to make the powerplant a reliable and long-lasting one. But then again, it's all up to what you wanna do ... do you want a quick high or do you want something that will last you a long time. Ultimately, how much do you have to spend?

lylej

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
heheh like the idea of a 2.2VTEC turbo has a nice ring to it hheheheheheh, nice bmw master
!!!!! hahahaha

819turbo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
moi je pense que 2.2 vtec c'est f**king chere. juste les mont son au moin 1300$. Pis si tu le fait pas par toi meme, la job vas te couter tres cher. mais 2.2 vtec c fou tight. informe toi avant.

p.s: tu postera ta decision finale

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I understood the first sentence and the last sentence. :mrgreen:

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Yes, its french I translated it to:

me I think that 2.2 vtec it is f**king expensive right the mount its with the moin 1300$. Worse if you does not make it by you same, the job go you couter very expensive but 2.2 vtec C insane tight. informs you front. p.s: you will post your final decision

Violator

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2.2 vtec will own a turbo sohc, then you can turbo the H22 later. Most places have mounts made that wont cost you an arm and a leg, as for wiring, I have no clue about the wiring though, you may need to do suspension work later.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
h22 is about 70lbs heavier than a bseries motor, so this nonsense about its a terrible daily driver motor is unfounded. thanks to its good amount of torque, it makes probably the best daily driver motor. if you get some stiffer front springs and tighten up the rear end, the handling wont be that negatively affected. it will probably be better than a stock suspension if you set it up correctly. hcp and hasport make mount kits, and i beleive www.sparkracing.com makes a complete conversion kit that takes care of everything. place racing also has wiring harnesses and shifter boxes, which are the biggest problems with the swap. a stock h22 in an eg can easily hit high to mid 13's, which would be almost impossible with a turbo d15 without building up the bottom end. most h22 complete swaps go for like $2200, and with the extra parts you need you have about the cost of a b18c swap, with more hp and far more torque.

black_dragon_i

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
both i think are not really sound investments

For the money you are talking about spending you could have done the same for way less with a good B series swap.