2000 Civic DX Hatchback Suspension Suggestions

SOLOITR2001

5+ Year Member
I own a 2000 Civic DX Hatchback and need some suggestions on a new suspension setup. The cars suspension is all stock and shocks are blown. I just installed a set of Rota Grid V/Classics 16x8 4x100 ET20 with 195/45R16 tires.

The car is my daily driver. I am wanting to lower the car between 2.5 - 3 inches. No less and no more than that. So looking for some suggestions on achieving that kind of drop but with the best ride feel possible going that low.

I have been looking into either a coilover sleeve + shock or a coilover setup. Koni Yellows with Ground Control sleeves I have leaned toward for the coilover sleeve + shock setup. But still not sure on exactly what coilovers to go with. Not looking for anything crazy as far are race setup. Just want a comfortable ride for a 2.5 - 3 inch drop. Quality is a must. So no cheap Ebay stuff. Id rather pay good money for a quality, dependable product.

Thanks for your time and info!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Koni yellow are definitely you're best bet. I believe Ive heard Ground Controls go well with them too. I must add to keep in mind that 16"x8" rims on a 3 inch drop will almost definitely have rubbing issues so you better also plan to roll the fenders.

SOLOITR2001

5+ Year Member
What's a good spring rate for that setup? Ground Control offers FRONT 340, 380, and 430 lb/in and REAR 250, 350, and 430 lb/in.