2000 CX Hatchback Beater Revival

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Love it! The fact that you can still get so many parts from Honda is a god send. Thankfully Honda is still producing these parts.

RestoRoc89

5+ Year Member
Love it! The fact that you can still get so many parts from Honda is a god send. Thankfully Honda is still producing these parts.
Agreed 100% - I'm amazed at how much is still available from Honda. I've got a 12yo GM product that is getting very difficult to find parts for in comparison.

RestoRoc89

5+ Year Member
As another fun little detour, I found that the valve stems on my rear tires had started to dry rot significantly (and yet the tires aren't terribly old). One of them snapped off in my hand when I was checking the tire pressure.

To solve the problem, I found that my shop press doubles as an excellent bead breaker and I was able to sneak in some new valve stems easily.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I have the same press and never dawned on me in the last 18 years of ownership to ever use it to break the bead on a tire. :headbang:

Brak

Respected
5+ Year Member
I desperately need window weatherstripping on mine...
where did you get the belt molding?

I've previously checked hondapartsonline and i see the other gaskets, but can't seem to find the outer one.

Brak

Respected
5+ Year Member
Also great work!

I remember reading through this build back in the day, and i'm glad to see it's still ongoing.

Last edited:

RestoRoc89

5+ Year Member
I desperately need window weatherstripping on mine...
where did you get the belt molding?

I've previously checked hondapartsonline and i see the other gaskets, but can't seem to find the outer one.
I bought the belt moldings from Majestic Honda. They are in an awkward place in the parts diagrams ... not on the door or window drawings.

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
72450-S03-003​
Molding Assembly, L Door​
$79.95​
1​
$79.95​
72410-S03-003​
Molding Assembly, R Door​
$79.95​
1​
$79.95​

Brak

Respected
5+ Year Member
I bought the belt moldings from Majestic Honda. They are in an awkward place in the parts diagrams ... not on the door or window drawings.

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
72450-S03-003​
Molding Assembly, L Door​
$79.95​
1​
$79.95​
72410-S03-003​
Molding Assembly, R Door​