2000 Si spoiler => 2000 LX sedan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey whats up...thought i should ask everyone...does the 2000 Si spoiler fit on the 2000 LX sedan? i love the mid-height of it...and the stock one is too low for my tastes

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have never seen a sedan fitted with one of the coupe OEM wings. First thing that comes to mind is that they don't fit. Do the sedans have a small up-lip at the edge of the trunk door? If this is so, it might not fit coz the coupe features a back-lip.

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "OZ99"

I have never seen a sedan fitted with one of the coupe OEM wings. First thing that comes to mind is that they don't fit. Do the sedans have a small up-lip at the edge of the trunk door? If this is so, it might not fit coz the coupe features a back-lip.
it has a very very small up-lip...and thats why i was asking...arent they both the same size? :cry:

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have seen one on a 96-2000 sedan. my guess is that they fit with no problems.

dee123

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it should work. if you look in the inside of you trunk you'll see 2 little dimples on the edge of you trunk, on both sides, that where the factory spoilers go. i think that thier the same.

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "dee123"

it should work. if you look in the inside of you trunk you'll see 2 little dimples on the edge of you trunk, on both sides, that where the factory spoilers go. i think that thier the same.
i'll check that tomorrow...hope its there..i'll measure it...can some1 with a coupe do the same?

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
what exactly do you want measured? because I am going to be installing one on my g/f's 99 coupe tomorrow :D

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
forget it justin...some a-holes broke into my car and cleaned it out...cut the battery cables too...and stole my headunit...subs/amp/speakers...everything...even my freakin college textbooks!!!!!!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :puppyeyes:

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wish i could find out who did it...man...i would kill someone...

what are your opinions about a viper system? i found one with LCD remotes, 2 sirens with battery backup and everything for about 550 installed...this is one of those really sensitive ones...

let me know

deval <-- pissed at world right now!

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "deval"

i wish i could find out who did it...man...i would kill someone...

what are your opinions about a viper system? i found one with LCD remotes, 2 sirens with battery backup and everything for about 550 installed...this is one of those really sensitive ones...

let me know

deval <-- pissed at world right now!
i have something like that right now

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "nightkids1"

i have something like that right now
ok thast cool...im def gettin one of those installed...cuz i cant have this happen again... :cry:

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the Clifford G4. Its one of the best out there, got it for 350$ installed and comes with 2 remotes and the potential to upgrade later if you like

e.g. remote starter, trunk opener, tilt, etc!! there is more too it, its a very good alarm system. for example everytime i lock/unlock my doors, the code changes so that it never stays the same. and the kill switch (i forget how) is different than that from a viper system, its better some how

anyway its the Clifford Lvl 3. check it out... i recommdend it, wish i woulda had it in when my Si got broken into!

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks..i'll take a look at it...does it have those LCD remotes? look like beepers? and a battery backup?

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

thats what the 2 remotes it comes with look like.... it does not have a back up battery (dont think you'll need one on a daily driven car IMO)

but check out the site, www.clifford.com G4 is just the technology they use ......

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "SeanJohn1802"

thats what the 2 remotes it comes with look like.... it does not have a back up battery (dont think you'll need one on a daily driven car IMO)

but check out the site, www.clifford.com G4 is just the technology they use ......
thats my prob...if no battey backup...negative cable gets cut..and my car gets raped...agian

i'll take a look

thanks

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ooo, i see what your saying... yeah maybe i have it and i dont know??? but check it out at your local shop

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeh...thanks for the advice..i'll take a look at it

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeh, clifford is real good. i got close to this dude's hatch one time, and his started making that fast chirping noise. SeanJohn1802, is yours the proximity alarm?

that is also one of the first mods i need to look into before i put my stereo or anything else on.. whenever i get a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.