2000 Si With A D16y8

Status
Not open for further replies.

emilyfersure

5+ Year Member
Anyone ever heard of a 2000 si civic with a d16y8? This wasn't stock was it? Cause.. I realized today my car is a poser! Its got the dohc vtech writing on the side.. but you pop the hood to see that whimpy ass sohc vtech underneath..

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that sucks for u man...i hope the seller didnt trick u or anything

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no whoever did that swap is a big IDIOT :crazy:

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It really says VTECH on the side of the car?

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
look at your vin.. hope you didnt get screwed..

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
emilyfersure said:
Anyone ever heard of a 2000 si civic with a d16y8? This wasn't stock was it? Cause.. I realized today my car is a poser! Its got the dohc vtech writing on the side.. but you pop the hood to see that whimpy ass sohc vtech underneath..
that just means it wasn't a si in the first place, it was an ex. if you bought it for the price or thinking it was a si, sucks for you lol. I would just be surprised you didnt catch it with all the paper work...unless they swapped it out.

if you lived in canada it would make a bit more sense since their si is equivilant to are ex...they have the si-r. also, it's vtec, not vtech, you dont have a phone under your car lol.

emilyfersure

5+ Year Member
Yeah.. before i bought the car i did a carfax report, and it said it was a 1.6 ltr 4cyl dohc vtech, i bought it for 9k with 68k on it thinking i was getting some great deal. Then a friend pointed out that it was a SOHC... and well, my whole day has been ruined.. sucks.. I totally got jipped..

99cleanCIVICex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Let me get this straight, you bought a car without looking under the hood???????????

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you have em1 on your vin # if you do then you have a true gem, the SI's with y8's are as rare as they come. Who needs JDM stuff you get a D powered em1 :thumbs up

seriously though, no it doesnt come stock, if it doesnt have em1 as the 4th 5th and 6th digit of your vin # then you got ripped

Nine78Guy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you an idiot? how did you not know the difference???

emilyfersure

5+ Year Member
Well.... I didn't really know anything about hondas.. but... i just figured it was missing that valve cover cover.. that black thing that says DOHC VTECH... so i had to order a clutch cover for it, and i ordered it for what i thought was my 1.6 ltr dohc.. it didnt fit. so now i know.

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
emilyfersure said:
Im a girl! I just thought it was pretty.. then i discovered.. well.. all that
lol, greatest quote ever. but that really sucks...I'm not sure what you can technically do about it? you can try to look it up and what not...to see if it's legal...

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If your car is an EM1 and a Y8 was swapped in its place before sale then damn... Reminds me of the Hertz GT350H Mustangs.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
hhahhaha, oh s**t...

what part of oregon you from?

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nine78Guy said:
are you an idiot? how did you not know the difference???
ouch...don't be so harsh lol.

but like hp civic said, I'd like to see some pics as well... engine...etc. etc.

emilyfersure

5+ Year Member
I dont know how to put pictures on here! I just signed up today.. Ill figure it out in about 5 days

Status
Not open for further replies.