2001 Civic LX Automatic Shifter Bulb

TexRodeo

Out of Curiosity, I don't need to do it yet, But How would I change the Automatic Gearshift Bulb on this '01 Civic LX with the Lidless Cup holder. My '03 EX Automatic Console is made a Good Bit Different and yes I have changed a Bulb in it already.

On My '03 EX, The front part of the Console had to come off just like changing the radio. Technically, the whole console should have been taken Out The Hell with that. But once I got the front Console part off, i pushed the Drivers Seat al the way back and I used Needle nose Pliers to get to the Socket and remove the Socket. I changed the Bulb and put the Socket back with the Needle nose Pliers and the put the front part of the Console on.

This Console seems to be all one Piece on the '01 LX, There has to be a much easier way to replace that one bulb than to remove the entire console to get to that damn tiny bulb. From what I gather, this earlier Console was used in the '01 and & '02 Civic. In '03 the Console design seems to have been changed. The '03 - '05 shifter bulb replacement there are instructions and videos everywhere to change those bulbs but not the earlier style in the LX.

Attachments

TexRodeo

I have that UK manual and I've already Looked Through That manual. There was nothing Specific on the Automatic Shifter in general and these manuals are not US Spec, these are mostly UJK Spec Civic manuals which appears to not be all that similar to my situation. But thanks anyway for your prompt response.

TexRodeo

“Boofoo” as I’ve said, I've downloaded those 7th Gen manuals from this site before when You pointed me there last April with my '03 EX. .However, in these manuals There was no real definitive information on replacing the Automatic Shifter bulb in these earlier 7th Gen Civics with this type of console.

Now reading between the lines of this UK Spec Repair manual, If I have indeed read this correctly and please correct me if I am wrong...The entire Console has to be removed from the floor just to get to one tiny little bulb? You've Got to be Kidding me, you mean this on this style or type of Console in these earlier 7th Gen ('01 and '02) Civics with the Lidless cup holder type of console this is the case?

If So, I think that I can understand why Honda had indeed changed the Console design starting with the '03 Model Year and Through 2005. Like I said at least on my '03 I could remove the whole front section of the console and unplug the DC Power Outlet and then release the clips on either side of the lower console like I was getting to the two screws underneath in order to remove the radio. And there it was, on the Left Side of the Shifter itself there was the Bulb Socket in plain view.

Please tell me that there a much easier way to get to that one tiny bulb with this type of console.

TexRodeo

I have some em2 PDF Manuals, Yes from Last year. But an '01 Repair manual by name on this site, No.

Are you referring to "Civic 2001-2002 UK and USDM models EP1 EP2 EP3 EP4 EU3 EU5 EU6 EU7 EU8 EU9 ES1 ES4 ES5 ES8 EM2 including turbo diesel and Type-R K20A2" which downloads as some sort of Windows 95 Computer Program that has to be installed. Because other than that there is nothing there for the "2001 Civic Repair Manual" by name under the subheading of "Honda Civic" at the top of the page.

And Yes to answer the question in my PDF manuals that I have from, I'm afraid I did see the Console removal Procedure But No I didn't see the bulb location per se, But I would assume that its in a similar location once the Console is completely removed from the car..! Like I said, the Later 7th Gen Civics were much easier for this particular task. I take it you have removed this earlier type of console in its entirety yourself from the car is how you can say that it's so "Bonehead Easy"...LOL

Keep in mind, Mechanic, I'm Not...I Know enough to be totally dangerous.

TexRodeo

I cant Download the attachment from the site, I don't see a Link. I tried to download it Via Email notification and the Link took me too this....
Oops! We ran into some problems.

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

TexRodeo

OK so that is the file that downloads as "Civic 01-05.Zip"? OK Now does this have to be installed and will It work on Windows 10 Pro?