2002 Civic LX still worth it in 2021?

junkyardtreestump

Was looking into buying a 2002 Honda Civic LX, it has 46,000 miles and has been garaged for most of its life. Is it still a good vehicle to buy in 2021? Has no notable issues other than a slipping serpentine belt which is a part of the deal with the car

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Was looking into buying a 2002 Honda Civic LX, it has 46,000 miles and has been garaged for most of its life. Is it still a good vehicle to buy in 2021? Has no notable issues other than a slipping serpentine belt which is a part of the deal with the car
For the right price, I suppose, as it's partially personal preference too.

For me, the 7th gen is the beginning of the decline of the Civic, it's an Lx which means it's a sedan and it's probably automatic, so for me, if I could get it cheap and flip it, sure, but to use everyday, nah.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:wstupid: 46k for a 2002 is solid and if a good condition would still be a solid commuter keeping it as is.. But if you planned on buying a car to mod it out a bit, I wouldn't recommend it.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The 7th gen is good for maybe daily transportation, that's if the body has not rotted away.
I see here in NY, they have not aged as well as the previous gens when it came to that.

I personally wouldn't buy a 7th gen at all for anything.

junkyardtreestump

The 7th gen is good for maybe daily transportation, that's if the body has not rotted away.
I see here in NY, they have not aged as well as the previous gens when it came to that.

I personally wouldn't buy a 7th gen at all for anything.
appreciate it, the dealer started being an a*****e anyways so I am looking into other options