2004 Civic Popped Clutch Now Car Won't Start

Roger_Radio

Hi all,

I have seen similar threads but not like this. Situation: about month ago, son stalled the 2004 Civic when he popped the clutch. Car would not restart. Not trying to turn over, like battery was 95% dead. I hooked jumper cables up and it started instantly. No wait or anything. Since then car parked blocked in by snow. Every few days up to a week I go out and start. Seems like battery is on it's last days but car starts. Even in the deep cold. Today I did something similar to son, trying to move the car and hit snow pile and stalled it. Same thing now.....won't start. Hardly any juice at all. I was on my way to get a new battery anyway since he'll be taking on trip but this just seemed odd.....Just a coincidence? Wondering what you all might think. Thanks in advance!

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Test the battery and the alternator to see how they are working to narrow the scope of troubleshooting.

Roger_Radio

Thanks. Had battery checked and they said it was fine. Took it home put it back in the Civic and it started right up. Moved the car about 10 feet and shut it off. Now it won't start again.......

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Now it won't start again.......
What does that exatly mean?
When you turn the key to on, you have power to the dash, all lights that should come on, do?
The car will not physically, crank over?
When you turn the key, what does the car actually do, starter clicking?