2004 ex rims on my hatch

Traxxas2oo2

SOHC my DOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright well my tires have been shot for quite some time, so i ordered a new set of 195/65/14's for my rims, freaking $185...well those shipped out a few days ago. so today go over to my friend stevens house who works at honda and my tires came up in the discussion. I was telling him that i really wanted steelies and hes like man, i got any steelie and tire you could want. apparently he gets all the ones off of the customer cars for free when they change out their rims. SO i ended up leaving with a pretty much Brand New set of 15" stock 2004 civic ex rims. no hubcaps. but they have Michelin MXV4's which i hear are over $100 a piece and some really good tires. not bad for free. they are a tad big overall, enough to throw my speedo off i think. but ill take them for free and i dont think they look too bad, whatdya think?

yea- now i gotta send my new tires back lol

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i'm guessing you sould be having the 15's with five star design, if so get a tire size of 205/50/15, it'll look real good.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ah man, for a sec. i thought you had the 04 EX rims, those are pretty slick .. dunkies have no style IMHO . . . they're like spares to me

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
steelies aren't "rims"...

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
true, did you get steelie's or alloy rims, if you got steelie's then you didn't get the 04 ex rims, which are the 15 inch 5 star rims.

robs99si

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They look aight, but if you get some 04' hubcaps and paint them gunmetal or flat black they'll look soooo much better. your friend could probably get you those for free.

Traxxas2oo2

SOHC my DOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bah, yea i dont know much about the newer hondas, but this is all i was told from my friend whos been working at honda as a tech for over 2 years now. I know they arent actually 'rims' but they are off a 2004 honda that came with hubcaps origionally. i was going for the steelie look, and yea im sure he can get some hubcaps too, and yea painted black i bet those would look pretty good...

anyways i figured id post my new 'rims' or whatever they are to be called, i still liek them better then my 4spoke puls sign rims heh. =)

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
dude you got me confused as s**t, are they steelie's or are they aluminum alloy rims.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i thought 2004 ex civics came with alloys... and those are not alloys. at least they don't look like alloys

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anfrey said:
i thought 2004 ex civics came with alloys... and those are not alloys. at least they don't look like alloys
yup, 04 Ex's came stock with 5 star rims.

He must've given you LX steelies.

ReggieSD

PoPoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
ah man, for a sec. i thought you had the 04 EX rims, those are pretty slick .. dunkies have no style IMHO . . . they're like spares to me

nice!!!

SeanJohn1802, pretty cool sig you got there! i like!

Traxxas2oo2

SOHC my DOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i just confirmed today that they did in fact come off a 2004 civic ex. He gave me the hubcaps that came today and im gonna put them on and paint them black.

call them what you want, i call them steelies. i dont care what the style is anything is better then my pos little plus sign rims that were spray painted white and are all shitty and scratched up. at least these are actually a painted 'steelie'. and like i said the tires alone are $450 for the set and they are brand new, just like the steelies themselves.

I didnt make the post to get bashed, i was just posting my free snatch. dumb or not i got them for free and they are better then what i had... 8)

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
lol please don't take us the wrong way, we are in no way bashing you... just trying to clear up some technicalities, mostly for your sake as well. we would hate for a fellow member to get ripped off or misinformed.

teevee247

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can't go wrong getting those tires/wheels for free. Good grab. But like everyone else has been saying, I dont think they actually came off a 04 EX, its prolly a lesser model, either way, it doesnt matter, you got brand new tires (good tires i might add) for free, so it's all good =)

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
yeah were not bashing in anyway we're just telling you your friend is not telling you the whole truth, he may claim to be a tech, but i''ve been a assistant manager in parts for 2 years at my local dealer and i can assure you no 2004 civic ex came with steelie's, they all come directly from the manufacturing lines with a 15inch 5 star aluminum alloy wheel.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
jspeczcturbo said:
yeah were not bashing in anyway we're just telling you your friend is not telling you the whole truth, he may claim to be a tech, but i''ve been a assistant manager in parts for 2 years at my local dealer and i can assure you no 2004 civic ex came with steelie's, they all come directly from the manufacturing lines with a 15inch 5 star aluminum alloy wheel.
i saw u post on jdmuniverse lol... i love your ur sig says www.clubcivic.com

Traxxas2oo2

SOHC my DOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright guys its all cool. Like i said i dont read up too much on any hondas past 00' ( =) ) but i was just going by what he said, he must have just said ex, and your right it probably was a lesser model, your word is better then mine, im sure you know more then i do. But nonetheless im still happy with em, and thanks for setting these things straight lol

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
it's all good, just trying to help a fella out.