2004 Honda Civic EX Battery Replacement

LRL

Hi all,

My Honda Dealer says it's time to replace my battery. As far as I can tell, all I have to do is go to Auto Zone, or a similar vendor, and buy another with the same ratings (CA, CCA, RC) that work with my car. A no-brainer.

My question to the forum is what do I need to do before or afterward? Per the manual, afterward, I should run the car for 5 mins, without load, to reset the Powertrain Power Module.

What do you advise?

LRL

I purchased one at Firestone and drove home. Did I need to let it run for 5 mins, no load?

Hi all,

My Honda Dealer says it's time to replace my battery. As far as I can tell, all I have to do is go to Auto Zone, or a similar vendor, and buy another with the same ratings (CA, CCA, RC) that work with my car. A no-brainer.

My question to the forum is what do I need to do before or afterward? Per the manual, afterward, I should run the car for 5 mins, without load, to reset the Powertrain Power Module.

What do you advise?

Starbloom

Everyone battery has its size and CCA rating. Pick the one good for Civic and you will be fine.

It's super easy to install it but do be careful with the terminals. Connect the positive first and negative last.

New Battery comes with fully charged. Just drive normally.