2004 Honda civic front door speaker upgrade

Speakers are generally attached to the door panel, not the door's metal frame.

Second, you will probably have to cut and re-crimp the new speakers terminals to the wires in the door. It's not hard to do at all.

Test-fit the speaker to the door panel, it should attach with 3 or 4 screws relatively easily. I've found that the speaker terminals are generally facing DOWN with a properly mounted speaker.

Good luck!

Trial and error. Stick it in and see if it fits, if not, find some other way to mount it. For the power cord, just connect + to + and - to -. Be sure to not leave any openings.

looks like anything 4.5inches or less will fit in your door. when i replaced the speakers in my door the screw holes on the speakers didnt match the wholes in the door, so i just took a drill and made my own holes in the door. it was easy and didnt damage it at all. put a nuts on the ends of the screws and you'll be all set. what size are those speakers there?

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Did you check measurements on old speaker or size of the hole. If hole is to small what I did to mine was take a dremel to it to open it up some. If hole don't match up then thread you some new ones and I am hoping you know how to see which wire is hot.

VigLink badge