2005 Civic cluster in 1997 Civic Pinouts chart posted!

SW20FL

5+ Year Member
I just logged into my youtube account and realized that I've been blown up with messages on how to do this. I have the video on youtube with about 80k views and dozens and dozens of people asking how I did it. I decided to post the original pinouts finally online here: Civic Pinouts DIY

You need:
  • The cluster
  • The wire harness connectors with enough of the wires left to splice.

The "MCU" is the unit that controls some of the functions in the 7th gen Civic. I've heard that if you solder the temp wire directly to the back of the cluster (not sure which pin) you can get the temp gauge to work. I think another way to actually do this is the get an MCU. This is assuming the voltage outputs on both Gen civics are the same. Especially from the Temperature gauge. If that is the case, then you can just wire these directly to the MCU. If not, then you would have to convert the voltage to the values of the 7th gen...and I have no idea what these values are unfortunately!

The cluster actually fits pretty nicely into the 6th Gen Civic Dash. Make sure to more the steering wheel trim out of the way or you can scratch it up from maneuvering the cluster. Once you get it in, you can find a good way to make it look like it's OE.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Interesting... I didn't even know those clusters would fit.

Thanks for the information!

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya they fit and you only have to modify a little bit on the cluster but i had to hack into the wiring harness. i ended up splicing the em2 plugs into my harness and leaving the stock plugs attached just in case i wanted to revert back which i did eventually. it would be so nice if someone would figure out how to get the heat gauge working because these clusters are so sexy.

this is in my 96 hx oh and the gas gauge was off, it seemed for a empty tank it would read at half full and a half tank was at the 3/4 mark so the voltages must be off or something.