2005 civic ex

2k5civic

i hate imports...! siiike
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bro,...

1) suspension
2)wheels ( i have 99 si wheels on my 05 and it looks clean)
3) lip kit

i would def put all money into the suspension tho. it'll pay off at the end.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
no difference at all !! i have a ebay cai that i got for 40 bucks, works just like an aem intake. the only product thats aem that has a different effect is the AEM V2 intake, it works a little better than regular cold air intakes just because the charge chamber, but then again its overpriced and not really worth and extra 2-3hp gain.
i got the aem v2.
its suppose to add a lil torque too

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i got the aem v2.
its suppose to add a lil torque too
yea i rather just have a regular cai.. i mean 50 bucks ebay cai vs. aem v2 which is almost 300 shipped.. i rather save that extra 250 bucks and put it in my piggy bank until i have enough for a turbo which then imma switch out the cai anyways ;P

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea i rather just have a regular cai.. i mean 50 bucks ebay cai vs. aem v2 which is almost 300 shipped.. i rather save that extra 250 bucks and put it in my piggy bank until i have enough for a turbo which then imma switch out the cai anyways ;P
why would you have to switch?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well, when turboing, your going to have to replace your intake for the intercooler pipes, right?? am i wrong??

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
normal suspension ranges from 500-1000, this could include springs or coilovers, struts, camberkit.. if you look hard enough, you can find all of this for less than 1000 bucks

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats the normal price to spend on suspension
i don't know if this will help but this is what I spent on everything.

Megan Springs= 135 shipped -purchased directly from Meganracing.com
Progress Camber kit-215 shipped from Dezod.com
Tokico Blue Struts-365 shipped from Dezod.com
then i had the car aligned day after install.

and i didn't realize at the time I could have spent less on the camber kit. there are some less expensive ones out there. and that stuff is only a good start. i want a good set of sway bars down the road. hope that was somewhat helpful. sometimes it's an easier pill to swallow when you break everything down individually as far as the whole money thing goes. I bought everything piece by piece and it took a while.