NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
2007 CR-V
New design in for the CR-V. Also talk of a diesel option becoming available in the US!

2007 Element
The Element is getting 10 more hp this coming year and a bit of a facelift! The EX will be offered with standard painted cladding, though the LX will only come in black cladding.

A new Element SC will be offered too. The SC trim will add projector beam headlights; custom front bumper and grille; lowered sports suspension and larger alloy wheels; and custom black interior with custom colored trims, carpet and center console. The SC will come in 2WD only.

2007 Acura MDX
No info on this yet besides that they're switching to a new generation. Here are some spy shots though.

2007 Acura RDX
No info on this yet besides that they're switching to a new generation.

2007 Ridgeline
A new RTX trim will be made available. This package will come with a standard tow package, alloy wheels, accessory grille, and painted door handles. All RTL models are now standard with a moonroof.

2007 Odyssey
The 2007 Odyssey isn't due for any generation change just yet, but will be getting a transmission upgrade.

2007 S2000
Both Sebring Silver and Suzuka Blue will be unavailable in 2007. Rumor has it that this is either the last year, or one of the last years the S2000 will be in production. As we've all been hearing for years now, there might be a new sporty replacement. Prelude? CR-X?

2007 Insight
There will be no 2007 Insight. 2006 will be the last year of the model before it is cut from production. :(

Stream
Maybe this is coming to the US in the coming years?

There should be color additions for almost all models for 2007 (Habanero Red Pearl on the Si for one!).

A new US plant is set to open in 2008. I'm not sure what might be built there or where it might be located off hand.

There is also a new Hybrid vehicle in design. It is said to be cheaper than the Civic Hybrid. Fit Hybrid perhaps?

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no more RSX. :(

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
If you want more news about the RDX go to www.hondanews.com , you can find everythin gyour going to need to know on there and it goes on production very soon with a K23 turbo 4cyl, and Super All Wheel Drive.

IGotASlowCivic

Yeah Im slow... So?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im glad theres no more rsx.. means i get a killer deal on an 05 or 06 beginning of next year. =)

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
renegadex96 said:
You're shitting me right?!?!?!!?
nope they're all done. The civic Si kinda made it redundant.

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
But they're not going to release anything to replace it on the Acura side????

f**k, i love that car

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
nope they're all done. The civic Si kinda made it redundant.
Not really. The RSX was replacing the Integra. i think the sales werent as high as they expected. and then ontop of that. the sales of the Si & '07 Civics probably may have helped.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've been saying they'd probably end production of the RSX soon. It just doesn't make sense to keep it around. They have a "sporty" coupe in a close enough price range. Why make cars that compete off of each other?

At the very very least I was expecting a generation change because the RSX/this gen Integra has been around for a few years and has received nothing more than a slighty facelift.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
RSX is done... word on Honda-tech is that a TSX coupe w/ AWD and 220-250HP will replace it. I guess they want to play in STi/EVO territory now... Supposidly in their price range too :???:

The Civic Si... eh.

The CRV reminds me of a Volvo.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The CR-V reminds me of a really tall Accord from the front. :lol:

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i've personally... have never driven an RSX or a Civic Si... but... from what statistics and such show me... I personally would've kept the RSX line and kept a civic as to what it was... a civic.

You wonder about if Honda suffers in Japan having a Civic Type R and Integra Type R together . . . They should give us one model year of the Type R and see how well they sell.

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ShinsenTuner said:
i've personally... have never driven an RSX or a Civic Si... but... from what statistics and such show me... I personally would've kept the RSX line and kept a civic as to what it was... a civic.

You wonder about if Honda suffers in Japan having a Civic Type R and Integra Type R together . . . They should give us one model year of the Type R and see how well they sell.
Ive driven both, and I can say I like the RSX better, its a tigher car all together. And that electronic throttle response s**t on the new civic is a pain in the ass you can't put the power on the ground becuase it hesitates.

The RSX Type S is seriously a sick car. It has alot more aggresive styling and there 06 redesign just made the car better, I like civic don't get me wrong I drive one, but if I had the money and had to chose between an Si and a Type S, I'd chose the Type S.

peter

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Slick_99 said:
Ive driven both, and I can say I like the RSX better, its a tigher car all together. And that electronic throttle response s**t on the new civic is a pain in the ass you can't put the power on the ground becuase it hesitates.

The RSX Type S is seriously a sick car. It has alot more aggresive styling and there 06 redesign just made the car better, I like civic don't get me wrong I drive one, but if I had the money and had to chose between an Si and a Type S, I'd chose the Type S.
the electronic throttle response may have a little delay, but putting the power down, I think the civic would be better than the RSX because it has an LSD

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want an Element.... That is all...

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the s2000 is being replaced by the xga

Im waiting for the tsx coupe, cant wait to see the numbers

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ShinsenTuner said:

The Civic can't stay being the Civic though. Not as long as they have the Fit. Sure, the older Civics aren't the same as the Fit, but they're close enough in the market that one would replace the other.

So we have the Fit as the high mileage sub-compact now. The Civic has moved up to a compact (up from being a sub-compact) and also has their sporty Si and Type-R versions. The RSX falls into the same placement as the Civic Si coupe in the market. So they have to get rid of one. Even if we didn't have the Si coupe we would have other Civic coupes. Therefore the Civic Si coupe is the more economical replacement for the RSX.

RSXs in general don't sell as much as Civic coupes (the comparable model) anyway. If they did, they'd ditch the Civic coupe design and keep selling the RSX and RSX Type-S.

You have to look at it from Honda's money-making point of view, not our points of view on which models we like the best. Remember, we are a minority in the car-buying market.

Oh, and it looks like the new factory they're opening will be in or around Greensberg, Indiana.