2007 stalls while idling at intersection

Anthonymylar

Hi all,
Have a 2007 Honda civic that decided to stop dead on me during my last mile of commute. A red battery light flashed on and I shut the car off and restarted. Worked fine, but every time I stopped at an intersection and it had to idle, it tanked on me and I had to restart again...probably like 5 times.

i just had my car checked out at the honda dealership. They said I needed new brake pads and that my power steering, automatic transmission, and brake fluids were dirty but that it wasn't a priority to get the fluids fixed.

I decided to take the car to a local mechanic who replaced the brake pads at a better rate. 3 days after this the stalling problem happened.

The battery never truly died and I was able to restart at each intersection. My Friend believes its a "idle relearn" problem and I should follow this procedure:
http://flashprotuning.com/blogs/vitviper/honda-ecmpcm-idle-learn-procedure

Was curious what you all thought. Thanks so much!

Aaron T

Respected
Hi all,
Have a 2007 Honda civic that decided to stop dead on me during my last mile of commute. A red battery light flashed on and I shut the car off and restarted. Worked fine, but every time I stopped at an intersection and it had to idle, it tanked on me and I had to restart again...probably like 5 times.

i just had my car checked out at the honda dealership. They said I needed new brake pads and that my power steering, automatic transmission, and brake fluids were dirty but that it wasn't a priority to get the fluids fixed.

I decided to take the car to a local mechanic who replaced the brake pads at a better rate. 3 days after this the stalling problem happened.

The battery never truly died and I was able to restart at each intersection. My Friend believes its a "idle relearn" problem and I should follow this procedure:
http://flashprotuning.com/blogs/vitviper/honda-ecmpcm-idle-learn-procedure

Was curious what you all thought. Thanks so much!
Did you ever figure this out? It sort of sounds like an alternator going out

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did you ever figure this out? It sort of sounds like an alternator going out
Bruh this post is from July 2013... :lol:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I noticed, but would still like to know what fixed the problem
No problem, for old posts like this, if you click on the username of the person and go into their profile, you can see their last active date. OP of this thread has not been active since one day after he made the post. :thumbs up

Aaron T

Respected
No problem, for old posts like this, if you click on the username of the person and go into their profile, you can see their last active date. OP of this thread has not been active since one day after he made the post. :thumbs up
I see, I'm new here so I had no idea, thank you for that information on how to check the active date, it's very helpful

Aaron T

Respected
After 4 years and only two posts, it's safe to assume that the OP has moved on. It's best just to make a new thread for tech questions, as you eventually did.
Yeah someone else explained how to check the active date which I didn't know about, thank you

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I see, I'm new here so I had no idea, thank you for that information on how to check the active date, it's very helpful
No problem! That's why I'm here :lol: