2008 engine swap into a '94

Marcel Branchini

Hello everyone,
I'm new here, and a while ago I bought my brother's daily EG6.
It's a 94 DX hatchback, and has a stock D15B7 1.5. The engine is pretty good, but overheat over 70 mph.
Suspension also stock, actually really high (planing to put coilovers on)
But recently my uncle got from the junkyard a 2008 civic sedan (completely broke, only engine working fine)
I don't know the model of the engine, only it's a 1.8 L iVTEC, and way newer than mine stock.

My question is if I can swap the engine from the 2008 civic to my EG6 with no problems, would I have to adapt some engine mounts, and clutch, transmition...?
Has anyone did something like this, and has some tips?

It's all for now, and I pretend to make a topic only show my project eg. Thank you guys

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I bought my brother's daily EG6.
It's a 94 DX hatchback, and has a stock D15B7 1.5.
Not an EG6.

Putting this newer motor into your hatch will be more money, time, labor and experience, than I think you have.
Find another 92-00 D series motor to swap in.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Also, your correct chassis code is EH2 (if you have a USDM car, idk what the JDM chassis is). But I wouldn't want to bother trying to swap an 8th gen motor into a 5th gen. If you want more power than the normal D series motor, look into a B-series motor swap. There's ton of info available on how to swap one of those in there. You'll still have to make some modifications but not nearly as many as you'd likely need to fit an 8th gen motor in there.