2015 Civic passenger mirror with camera-broken mirror glass

Yvonne Shelburne

I was backing out of the garage.....you know what is coming! The mirror clipped just a bit...enough to crack the mirror and a TINY piece of the mirror assembly. Camera and electronic adjustment works perfectly. I went to the dealer and they said I had to buy the entire mirror assembly and with the labor to calibrate the new mirror's camera, the cost was close to $600! All I need is the mirror glass replaced...everything else is just fine. Can I do that myself? I'm pretty handy but I need to know the part. Dealer claims I can only buy the entire assembly. Thanks!

Longone

If you haven't already, check with NAPA or Auto Zone, they should be able to help you out with a replacement glass.

Drakon543

rockauto.com also has your whole mirror for 100 bucks. im not sure about the calibrating thing but ive seen before where shops try to add nonsense like that to jack uo the cost. extra 200 bucks for Chevrolet to "calibrate" a brake pedal switch on my pontiac when i had it. i did it myself and asked my chevy tech buddy. all that really gets done is pulling the neg off the battery while you replace the switch.