2015 Civic Transmission Cap

Bruce.Ringler

5+ Year Member
Hello,

I have a 2015 Civic with 71,000 miles. Around 68,000 miles the top of the transmission cap (Rubber Insert with a "L" shaped hook) comes off about once a week. Is this a simple cap replacement? Anyone ever seen this?

Thanks,

Bruce

2005 Civic Coupe
2010 Pilot 2WDEX
2011 Accord Sedan
2013 CR-V
2013 Pilot 4WDTouring
2015 Civic Coupe

Bruce.Ringler

5+ Year Member
Hello,

I have a 2015 Civic with 71,000 miles. Around 68,000 miles the top of the transmission cap (Rubber Insert with a "L" shaped hook) comes off about once a week. Is this a simple cap replacement? Anyone ever seen this?

Thanks,

Bruce

2005 Civic Coupe
2010 Pilot 2WDEX
2011 Accord Sedan
2013 CR-V
2013 Pilot 4WDTouring
2015 Civic Coupe
Replaced cap for $7.00 fixed

blackcat_phoenix

Hello,

Thanks,

Bruce

2005 Civic Coupe
2010 Pilot 2WDEX
2011 Accord Sedan
2013 CR-V
2013 Pilot 4WDTouring
2015 Civic Coupe

YES! This is happening to me too, with my 2015 honda civic (40,000 miles). i discovered the cap laying on its side right next to the hole. i put the cap back in and several weeks later when i checked it there it was laying on its side again right next to the hole. i just can't figure out why it keeps popping out. No one ive talked to about this has ever heard of it happening. could heat be causing the cap to shrink a bit making the fit just loose enough that it would come out when you hit a sharp enough dip or bump in the road?

Bruce.Ringler

5+ Year Member
YES! This is happening to me too, with my 2015 honda civic (40,000 miles). i discovered the cap laying on its side right next to the hole. i put the cap back in and several weeks later when i checked it there it was laying on its side again right next to the hole. i just can't figure out why it keeps popping out. No one ive talked to about this has ever heard of it happening. could heat be causing the cap to shrink a bit making the fit just loose enough that it would come out when you hit a sharp enough dip or bump in the road?
The Honda dealer I purchased my Civic from never heard of it, they did replace it with a new cap (Retail $ 12.00) and this fixed the problem. One good thing this is kind of "protected" from road dirt, however I do recommend replacing it

Bruce