2015 Honda Civic LX - brighter halogen headlights?

SidCivic

5+ Year Member
Hi Civic Friends!

I have a 2015 Honda Civic LX Sedan CVT Automatic 1.8 Liter 4 cyclinder. The stock low beam Halogen headlight bulbs are 12 V, 51 W, HB4 type bulbs. The high beams are fine for my purposes, but I want stronger low beam bulbs. Yes, the lights are at the correct level and the casing is clean. B/c of time, cost, & potential compatibility issues I do not want to put any LED or HID bulbs on the car.

1. What is a brighter halogen bulb I can put on this car?
- I have seen some people mention 9006 bulbs from Sylvania / Phillips, but are these compatible w/ my car since my stock bulbs are HB4 type?

2. For any bulb you recommend that isn't technically compatible but works in real life, will it cause any over-heating or electrical or sensor issues?

Appreciate any advice you have, thanks a lot!

Drakon543

don't waste your time with brighter silvania bulbs your just going to end up replacing the bulbs faster than you should have too. 9006 bulbs are the same as hb4. also the coupe and sedan have different headlight bulbs if you weren't aware. any bulb that's still a halogen won't last as long the brighter you go. the Sylvania zxe bulbs only last 9 months or so. better brand will last a bit longer but still not as long as the standard bulb. do 50 bucks or so for the zxe twin pack 250 dollars and 4 years later of replacing bulbs every 9 months. or just switch to led or hid now.

SidCivic

5+ Year Member
Thanks for the detailed reply Drakon! After understanding all my options I appreciate you narrowing down the actual 9006 & 9012 HIR choices for me. Thanks for the Sylvania twin pack tip!

Drakon543

ya I used the zxe Sylvania bulbs. super bright but I only got 9 mons out of them