2nd snowfall Winter is definetly here post what you did to get civic ready

95 modified

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I just ordered 2 front winter tires. http://tires.autopartswarehouse.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Winterforce

I even ordered driverside front axel. Does anyone take off there front lip during the winter to protect it from damage/ salt? I have a Mugan front lip polyurethane I know material is durable but not sure how it will with stand in the snow/ ice/ rock salt. My original plan was to take it off when I install the 4 tires and axel better safe then sorry. What do you think.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Guys please stop posting pictures and stuff not-related to the question that the OP is asking.

:thumbs up

I've never taken my front lip off. It's always managed pretty well to be honest. I don't think it's necessary to remove it unless you're absolutely slammed low or something.

I'd also recommend getting 4 winter tires.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All i did was put new wiper bladez (Bosch Icon) on. My Civic is on All-season tires right now. It doesn't have any lips but it does have an enthusiast ride height

95 modified

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thank you XpL0d3r. Them clowns who were messing with my thread. I heard different from a friend of mine. My front lip is a little more 3 1/2 inches from the ground. I was told to take it off because the salt will eat at the polyurethane lip.